Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Brass Grilling review

Graduate

Brass Grilling review

I was looking for a case annealler, something with a hopper and motorized that once the initial timing was determined and adjusted, you could just run a hundred or so cases while doing something else and watching it.

I looked at plans for building one, annealeez, giraud,benchsource, grizzly, and a few others. Some were single torch, others were dual torch.

The thing I was looking for was consistiency and affordability.
    Seeing the annealeez was less than 300$ made it worth a long look.

The videos on it look ok, the reviews were good, some said the torch holder was hard to adjust and a little fiddly.

I got it anyway.
    For 223 and up cases it worked ok, the torch holder was hard to adjust and fiddly as the clamp is a ground rod clamp on a bolt.

The short cases I had were 1 inch, and the clamp would not hold the torch away from the feed wheels.

I saw a modification where a turnbuckle and eyebolt with wingnuts were used to hold the torch, so I modified it like what I saw, and re routed the hose so it would not bind. It is a lot more secure as well as adjustable for my uses.

I also used a 12" mud tray for sheetrock to hold the finished brass.
    With these modifications I am happy with the unit.
    Yes it would be nice to have a larger hopper,but for the price I'm not bitching too much.

And it did anneal brass that was 1.030 long, with the short wheels.
    I would not try anything shorter though. It heats the neck only.
    With the stock clamp I lightly singed wheels doing the 1" cases As I could not angle the torch far enough away from them.
    No problems with 223,243,308 cases that I did. Seems to be plenty of adjustability with the turnbuckle both in length and angle.
    I was aiming for 750 degrees inside the neck and 450 degrees just below the shoulder
    With tempilaq. It takes about 5-6 seconds in the flame.

http://www.annealeez.com/Reviews.aspx

My mods.

Xx
    Last edited by mapper; January 14th, 2017 at 11:31 AM.

Oh... for a minute there I thought it was AnalEase... a sex lubricant.
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgator0470 View Post
    Oh... for a minute there I thought it was AnalEase... a sex lubricant.
    Lord god, if any perps know you know what that is , they will spill their guts in the interrogation room.
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

"Governor, I haven't let another man touch my gun since 1861."

Mapper, How is the annealeeze machine working for you? would you recommended?

Graduate
    All my brass is grilled, I haven't loaded any of it though, so can't give a before/after test.
    If someone was wanting a semi automated brass griller, I feel it is worth the price of admission.
    There are other ones out there, but they are more coin.

But folks have loaded for years without them
    And you can make one for about a hundred bucks, or use a socket and a drill instead for a bunch less, or other methods.
    https://forum.capitalcitygunforum.com/threads/10107-95-DIY-case-annealler

https://forum.capitalcitygunforum.co...s-in-the-brass

Last edited by mapper; May 8th, 2017 at 07:40 AM.