Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skeet and Trap Ranges

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by staffordm View Post
    Is TRPC for members only? I noticed online they have a non-member tab but it doesn't talk about their rights to shoot or costs.

Ken, will definitely PM you. I am interested in learning more about skeet and trap. Pointers would be excellent. (I do have my own gun)
    Seems like good value to try out Talon's range with you. Appreciate the help, especially being new to the area.
    As a non-member I believe you have to be a member's guest to shoot at TRPC. At Talon you won't have to be a member to shoot. There are hourly charges for the pistol/rifle bays and then the range fees for clays. Before shooting either as a member or a non-member, you've got some safety/procedures videos to watch and take a quiz at the end. You can do that online ahead of time or do it at your first visit to the facility. I suggest you take a look at their website and it will answer a lot of other questions you might have. http://www.talontraininggroup.com/Talon-Range

To the OP, Mr. Ken is a great guy. And I have it on good decree that he likes 870's

Nice newer range that you can try out for 20.00 or so. https://thomascountyboc.org/oakfield

Thomas or Grady county used to have a requirement that you had to be a resident, IE Tax Payer, to use their range.
    5G Motorola Razr

Not anymore it's a DNR range now.

Can you bring your own clays ? I understand they charge you by the clay?

Quote Originally Posted by Flgaline View Post
    Can you bring your own clays ? I understand they charge you by the clay?
    Probably not, very few places allow that. They charge per round of 25.

I was hoping to find a place to carry my own clays and trap machine and shoot but maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    I was hoping to find a place to carry my own clays and trap machine and shoot but maybe not.
    The machines they have at facilities and ranges are much better than the personal ones, unless you spent 3 grand or more on yours. If you go to the facilities they have the proper setup for sporting clays, trap, skeet and 5 stand.

Those sports are much more challenging than using your own machine. If you want to use your own clays and machine you go to a friend’s field somewhere.

if you are a member of TRPC I doubt they would say anything about you using the trap range with your own stuff when others aren't using it. I've seen a guy out there with a hand thrower.