Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skeet and Trap Ranges

Post Skeet and Trap Ranges

Hello Everyone- name is Michael. Pretty new to the area, guy named Billy at the Public Range told me to join this group.

I am trying to find out what local/semi-local ranges are around here for Skeet and Trap.
    Possibly if people know prices also? Or best value?
    Which is the nicest facility in your opinion?

Thanks.

WCSO range in Wakulla has a skeet range, I'm not sure of the cost. I think it was $5/ round but that's an old guy's memory working

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Welcome aboard. That was me at the range. Coon bottom up in Havana does skeet (850) 539-0293.

Hey Billy! Thanks for the invite. There is a lot of useful information on here.

Talon Range has two brand new skeet ranges, also trap, and sporting clays.
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

Welcome,

Tallahassee Rifle and Pistol Club has clays too. I haven't been in 10+ years though.

http://www.trpc.net/
    5G Motorola Razr

TRPC has an ATA trap field, so does Talon (I am told) The regulars at TRPC are a great bunch of guys. If you are looking for International/Olympic/bunker trap, you will have to go up by Moultrie, Ga.
    Sometimes you meet someone, and you know from that very first moment, You want to spend the rest of your life without them

Welcome?

Junior
    As mentioned above, Talon's new skeet range is fantastic as well as a trap house on one of the 3 skeet fields. They also have a fun walk-around-the-woods, 10-station, 100 round sporting clays course. I'm a regular skeet/sporting shooter and in terms of location and convenience it's hard to beat. Not a big trap shooter but I'm going to have to try theirs as well. If interested, give me a PM and we can work out a guest appearance for you. As a guest, you'll shoot at the member's price: $30/100 round sporting - $7/25 skeet. Their website has member and non-member prices. I've got issues with Coon Bottom but their facility is nice. Quail Point outside of Thomasville has a really nice 5-stand sporting set-up as well as a skeet range. Ronnie, the owner, is just about as nice a guy as you'll ever find. He's got 4 possible ways to shoot his sporting clays including a 5 level tower. He also does a couple of 5-stand tournaments each year. There's also Gray Branch, south of Cairo. He's got couple of skeet fields and a 5-stand wobble trap. I used to go there back in the day but the original owners shut it down. There's another guy running it now but I haven't shot there since it re-opened. The wobble trap is a blast, so to speak.
    Last edited by Ken; January 5th, 2017 at 05:19 PM.

Is TRPC for members only? I noticed online they have a non-member tab but it doesn't talk about their rights to shoot or costs.

Ken, will definitely PM you. I am interested in learning more about skeet and trap. Pointers would be excellent. (I do have my own gun)
    Seems like good value to try out Talon's range with you. Appreciate the help, especially being new to the area.