Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USPSA Equipment Survey

Graduate

USPSA Equipment Survey

The USPSA hands out fairly extensive surveys to the competitors at their national level events. While this holds a lot of interest to me as a competitive shooter, because of the link between competitive gear and what we end up seeing being adopted in self-defense/military/LE circles I thought others here might be interested as well. Of course, this is a game and all of the equipment is designed to win the game, but national-level competitors don't invest in gear that won't perform or won't last so there is value in that to all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img002.jpg 
Views:	414 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	9982   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img003.jpg 
Views:	499 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	9983  

Graduate
    Let me know how visible the graphic is. It looks OK on my desktop with the wide screen and all. I also have the stats from the "carry optics" division, which is like Production with a red dot on the slide. I can scan the pages in directly or just type out the high points.

It pops up fine when you click on it.
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

It seems kinda odd that Bladetech is by far the most popular holster but a distant third in mag pouches

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Hell there are some companies on there that I've never heard of. CZ being the top pidtol is interesting too
    ------ For the ordinary person, everything is either a blessing or a curse. For the warrior, there are only challenges.--------

------Boat ramps and gun ranges can be some of the best places to see the depth of human stupidity------

------ "It doesn't matter.......it is AK......" AKOUL4774------

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    It seems kinda odd that Bladetech is by far the most popular holster but a distant third in mag pouches
    Competitors. We're a fickle bunch. Also, BT seems to spend more time on their holsters than their mag pouches!

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_McNasty View Post
    Hell there are some companies on there that I've never heard of. CZ being the top pidtol is interesting too
    You can make a CZ trigger super awesome and still be in the rules of the Production Division, and the weight of the pistol makes it settle very fast in 9mm. They are very accurate and take a wide variety of sights.

Graduate
    I was just reading about Tanfoglio, (which I was admittedly bias against based upon EAA that imports them) and learned they started building pistols after WWII based upon CZ designed-pistols. When you consider the CZ and Tanfoglio from a design standpoint, then 48% of the guns used in USPSA events are based upon a CZ design.

Graduate
    Yep, that's true, at least in Production Division at the national level.

No .45's were recorded in the charts. Are they not legal? I thought you received a more lenient scoring matrix in IPSC.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
    No .45's were recorded in the charts. Are they not legal? I thought you received a more lenient scoring matrix in IPSC.
    Production doesn't score caliber differently.

Many of the other divisions offer lower penalties for C and D zone hits for higher power factor (velocity x weight of projectile) loads. That's why .40 or .38 super are so popular in other divisions such as limited or open.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk