Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USPSA Equipment Survey

Its a game. Thats why people are using just the minimum loads to get the minor or major power factor in the category. Cowboy action shooting went the same way. Sad.
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

Graduate
    If you're shooting Limited, .40 is the way to go (although current rules about stage design are making .45 more viable again). .45 is popular in Single Stack Division. Production was designed to be minor caliber, 10 round maximum, off-the-shelf kind of stuff. Of course, you give gamers ANY wiggle room and you end up with customized all-steel CZ's dominating the division at the national level when probably none of them would carry that gun as an EDC piece.

My hat is always off to folks that shoot what they carry (or at least close) in competition. I'm still shooting my Glock 35 which has 90% crossover with my 22. Well, until I break bad and start shooting my STI 2011 again. No plans to do it anytime soon, but I can't deny the STI is a finely tuned machine that is a blast to run.

Graduate
    Here's the pages from the Carry Optics Division..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img004.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	10032Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img005.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	10033

AB , thanks for posting this.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" -Plato

Graduate
    I thought it was good information about what the top shooters are using, at least in the sport side of things. If someone wants to look at buying, this is a great place to start. I'll post the Limited and Open divisions later when they come out or I find them. They have less relevance to the folks here, but I'll post them anyway.