Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Shooting event in Bradfordville today (12/22)?

Graduate

Shooting event in Bradfordville today (12/22)?

From about 2:00-4:30 PM today (Thursday, 12/22), there was some sort of shooting event at a plantation on the north side of Bradfordville Road, about a 1/4 mile west of the Pisgah Church Road intersection. As the crow flies, this is just a few hundred yards from my place. I'd hear an air horn, followed by about 2 minutes of shooting, then another air horn, and it'd stop. It'd repeat about every five minutes. Anyone have an idea what it was?

Shotguns?

Continental pheasant shoot.
    5G Motorola Razr

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattle/Horses View Post
    Shotguns?

Continental pheasant shoot.
    Sounded like shotguns. Based upon what I just googled about those events, it sort of sounded like that. Doesn't sound very sporting, though. Have you ever heard of something like that around here?

The horn is to stop and change stations, get a drink and snack - then the horn starts it again. There's not a high kill ratio so you can hunt the survivors with pointers for a week or so. Keep your eyes open for pheasants or grouse along Centerville or around your yard.

Yep, Back when lobbyists were allowed more freedom, we did 'em along with a other hunts.
    5G Motorola Razr

Graduate
    Wesley called it - just saw a pheasant hen scratching around on Bradfordville Rd.

Pheasants -

15 years ago a partner and I were visiting a cattle feedyard in Kansas. We were to stay overnight in a hunting cabin they have on a lake. That afternoon the manager said "lets go look at the cattle and get some pheasants for dinner". As we rode up and down the ally ways of the feed yard, there would be pheasants that had came in from the fields picking up grain under the feed bunks. In no time we had limited out on roosters, all head shots from an old pump action Winchester 22 shooting shorts.

Easiest hunting I've ever done and dinned on grain feed pheasants too.
    5G Motorola Razr