Likes Likes:  40
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Simple target

What's in the bushes and woods behind the target?
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

"Governor, I haven't let another man touch my gun since 1861."

An elementary school playground.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Kulbick View Post
    There's an old cadence I remember that's relevant to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Kulbick View Post
    So? Just be a good shot.

The ROTC unit in Quincy used to get sent to the roof of the gymnasium to take care of pigeons. Late '70s - 22lr.
    5G Motorola Razr

house...aka big trash heap, I don't shoot at home, I've just been letting him plug away with the red rider for now

Smitty, Don't take any of this bantering to heart. I think that's a neat design and will give your kid hours of fun.

I may even have a piece of 3/8" plate I can give you to protect the clays from a stray 22lr.
    5G Motorola Razr

Couple laps at port arms will break that lapse of control

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    Couple laps at port arms will break that lapse of control
    What fun is that? With that setup, the little rascal will have got so much range time and marksmanship that he'll be backed up to 50 or 75 yards within the year.

That could be a fun setup, even for you and I. Imagine timing yourself to see how fast you can break 20 at 100 yards?
    5G Motorola Razr

used to use them at Otter creek, you had to go past the Skeet range to get to the long range, I'd grab an arm full off the ground on the way by and set them on the berm. They are quite satisfying to hit from 300 Yds

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    used to use them at Otter creek, you had to go past the Skeet range to get to the long range, I'd grab an arm full off the ground on the way by and set them on the berm. They are quite satisfying to hit from 300 Yds

Regular measurement or with SHTW's tape measure?
    5G Motorola Razr