Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: blue christmas

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Graduate

blue christmas

Well, I decided to take the lee pro 1000 off the bench ( the classic cast turret is staying) and mount a dillon square deal.
    I got the dillon in a trade a while back, and never went through it, or set it up. So I figured its time.

So after trying to fight small primers, and realizing that it wasn't going to happen without the plastic peices on the bottom of the primer magazine tubes, I ordered some blue parts, (the primer pickup tips don't work very well on the primer magazine tube as it needs the primer orifice, I had extra large ones but not small) no large primer slide, found that out when setting up a 45 toolhead..so its on the way.

I'm aware of the limitations of this press, with proprietary dies and pistol cartriges only, and I'm fine with that.
    The shellplates and dies toolheads, etc, were included in the trade, so no big deal. 2 toolheads, 2 caliber conversions as well as what it was setup in were with it.

How much time savings over the lee turret remains to be seen, but 1/4th the lever pulls, so that should be an improvement.

When the parts get here, I'll see how 4.0 gr of bullseye runs under a 124 gr cast bullet. Then I'll try some real ammo,as Rumber would say.

It has a small footprint on the bench, and that's a plus.

So its a blue christmas for me.
    Last edited by mapper; November 27th, 2016 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Rumblerism