Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hornady 10th edition

Hornady 10th edition

Does anyone have the hornady 10th edition manual yet? I need data for a 165gr SST using IMR 4451 powder.

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    Have you looked online? And excuse my question if it seems ignorant, but wouldn't the gr. Min and max for 4451 be about the same for any other manual listing 165gr bullets?
    Last edited by 12bhunting; November 24th, 2016 at 09:39 PM.

I have looked online and found some loads for other bullets that should be pretty close. This is my first time using this particular powder and I'd like to be sure I'm starting in the right place to work this load up. Hodgdon annual manual lists a 165gr Sierra SPBT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Man View Post
    I have looked online and found some loads for other bullets that should be pretty close. This is my first time using this particular powder and I'd like to be sure I'm starting in the right place to work this load up. Hodgdon annual manual lists a 165gr Sierra SPBT.
    Academy had it on the shelf but I didn't notice if it was 9th Ed or 10th. However, it was $29.
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

"Governor, I haven't let another man touch my gun since 1861."

My Hornady is Volume II. LOL
    5G Motorola Razr

Graduate
    You should defiantly get III thare are lots of updates. I have 1 through 9. I guess I need to get 10 then I'll have them all again. Volume 3 has the hottest loads for 22 hornet ever published. Winchester 296 and a 45 grain Sierra soft point at 2900 fps.
    Last edited by FLT; December 2nd, 2016 at 01:11 AM.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    You should defiantly get III thare are lots of updates. I have 1 through 9. I guess I need to get 10 then I'll have them all again. Volume 3 has the hottest loads for 22 hornet ever published. Winchester 296 and a 45 grain Sierra soft point at 2900 fps.
    Is there a particular volume with the best 220 Swift loads?
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

^^^^ IMR 4064 -- Nosler Partition 60 gr.

I need to look but I think the M77 Varmint liked 43 grains. = 4000+ FPS
    5G Motorola Razr

Academy has the 9th Ed on the shelf.

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    I am not a reloading Jedi like some of you guys. But I never really pay attention to the max loads. I keep adding .5 grains until I see a pressure sign. Then back down a grain or so and write in my max load for my rifle. I usually find my accuracy nodes well under max load though.