Signal 0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hornady 10th edition

Graduate
    I do about the same , start low and work up and stop when I see pressure signs
    Last edited by FLT; December 6th, 2016 at 10:15 AM.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Quote Originally Posted by 12bhunting View Post
    I am not a reloading Jedi like some of you guys. But I never really pay attention to the max loads. I keep adding .5 grains until I see a pressure sign. Then back down a grain or so and write in my max load for my rifle. I usually find my accuracy nodes well under max load though.
    I just look at the max loads as a reference point of the upper end per that source. I generally start in the middle for hand guns and work up.
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

"Governor, I haven't let another man touch my gun since 1861."

I have the 10th ed...what cartridge are you reloading for?

To be honest, I got a look at the 10th Ed and since I have the 9th, I am going to wait a couple of editions. I will get the Lyman 50th Ed that came out this year.
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

You mean you don't just fill the case with powder and tap the bullet down with a hammer?

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    You mean you don't just fill the case with powder and tap the bullet down with a hammer?
    Only if you are the dud inspector from Looney Toons.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBronco View Post
    To be honest, I got a look at the 10th Ed and since I have the 9th, I am going to wait a couple of editions. I will get the Lyman 50th Ed that came out this year.
    I completely agree. There isn't much difference between the 9th and 10th. The Lyman 50th is fairly solid.