Signal 0
Likes Likes:  47
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks! Women and Children's Class

Sophomore

Thanks! Women and Children's Class

Bob,

I wanted to say thank you for sharing your time and expertise during the class this past Saturday. My wife has never had formal training and didn't know what to expect. She was nervous and a little apprehensive. I followed her to the event to help ease the anxiety and when she met you, she instantly felt at ease. You were dressed professionally and that helped a lot. She said the classes were well presented and you didn't pull any punches. To say she learned a lot would be an understatement.

When she came home, she was enthusiastic and asked when we were building a berm so we could practice safely. This morning she asked if we could get her a gun. While I don't think she is ready to carry on her person, she will most likely get her permit. I just wanted you to know that you made a difference in at least one of your students and I am sure a lot more than just her.

Freshman
    I agree, thank you Bob for putting on the class. My wife has had her carry permit for sometime but would never carry. After your class she asked to go to the range to practice and wants to carry when she takes trips with the kids to visit the grandparents. That's a huge step in the right direction and will give me some piece of mind when she travels alone. Already planning a date night so we can get out to the range.

She was nervous and a little apprehensive.

My wife was the same way. I have tried to "teach" her on many occasions. This worked out much better than I expected. Kind of like when my kids are better behaved and on their best behavior when visiting someone else than at home.

Agreed. Thanks Bob for this class (and your others). My wife enjoyed the class and appreciated your insights.

Any single ladies show up? Anybody hand out any of my cards?

Sent from Crawdaddy's momma's house via Tapatwat
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    Any single ladies show up? Anybody hand out any of my cards?

Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

Note to self: don't give JMW any more of my cards.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by Billythekid View Post
    She was nervous and a little apprehensive.

My wife was the same way. I have tried to "teach" her on many occasions. This worked out much better than I expected. Kind of like when my kids are better behaved and on their best behavior when visiting someone else than at home.
    As a long time instructor on a variety of topics, I have discovered it is nearly impossible for women to learn from a significant other, and only slightly less so a family friend. Being in a formal learning environment taught by an expert stranger seems to be the best recipe for success. I can't explain why that is, but I've seen it time and time again, even with my own wife.

Conversely I have taught dozens of women basic firearms courses but my wife finds it extremely difficult to take instruction from me.

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    Conversely I have taught dozens of women basic firearms courses but my wife finds it extremely difficult to take instruction from me.
    This is the issue we all face, and not just about firearms training.