Signal 0
Likes Likes:  47
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks! Women and Children's Class

True, my wife is very smart and she likes to debate things to try and come up with the best answer. She is not receptive to the fact that somethings are not open to debate.

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Graduate
    Most guys fail to understand women. Who takes care of who in your relationship ? LOL , and you thought you were the smart one. ( The you includes everyone )
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    Conversely I have taught dozens of women basic firearms courses but my wife finds it extremely difficult to take instruction from me.
    And how well do you take instruction from SHTW, really?
    5G Motorola Razr

Well that's the difference, if it's something she knows a lot about I take instruction very well.
    I was told once "You're as dumb as a box of rocks... but you're teachable, I can work with that"

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Graduate
    A lot of women consent to be "taught" firearms as a way to simply spend time with their boyfriends/husbands. When there's more interest in the instructor than the topic it gets in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    A lot of women consent to be "taught" firearms as a way to simply spend time with their boyfriends/husbands. When there's more interest in the instructor than the topic it gets in the way.
    That's when you look them in the eye, all serious and say "this one's for fighting, this one's for fun."

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    My wife realizes the world is fucked. When they finally catch on shit is going to hit the fan sooner or later, they are easy to train....

Graduate
    I didn't spend much time shooting with my wife. She's completely not into it and it scared her a lot. To her credit, she was punching a 1-2 inch group at 6 yards while she was white-knuckled on the pistol and scared to death.

I didn't offer again because at the time I did not believe she would actually drop the hammer on someone even if she had the technical skill to do so. Now the munchkin is in the picture, I have no doubt she would drop someone to protect the kiddo even if she couldn't have done so before. Changes things to have a spawn running around!

I have the opposite worry, that mine would mag dump them in the back as they were running down the road

Oderint dum metuant

Graduate
    I have a friend with a track hoe -----------.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .