Likes Likes:  27
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GSSF match at Talon Range Feb. 27th and 28th

GSSF is the one of the simpler competitions. No draws, no movement, no reloads on the clock. That doesn't mean it isn't challenging, but it is far simpler to follow than a USPSA stage.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    GSSF is the one of the simpler competitions. No draws, no movement, no reloads on the clock. That doesn't mean it isn't challenging, but it is far simpler to follow than a USPSA stage.
    Thanks, Dale.

Graduate
    GSSF is out for me because I don't own a Glock. I downloaded the GSSF rules, and saw that they just added a class for the Glock 42, which means that even my daughter could compete with her tiny little .380. I must admit that I am becoming increasingly interested in Glock as I've studied their 2016 product line up. My EDC is a Kel Tec P11, and my primary home defense handgun is a SIG 2022 (both are 9mm), so there'd be a class to compete in for either of those pistols in USPSA.

Jafar, you can Youtube either event and get a pretty good perspective of how they go down in different venues. At one point, there was even a ariel drone-shot video of a USPSA event at Talon on Youtube. I attended a USPSA event at Tallahassee Rifle & Pistol Club before Talon became the venue, and I thought it looked like a fun event.

True story. First GSSF match I went to (Conyers GA, I highly recommend it), I won a free gun.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Graduate
    I believe it was Todd Jarrett.

I would definitely recommend the USPSA Match... been shooting it for a few years. A great bunch of folks. The gun you have is the one you need to get started and we are now allowing carbines! The match is this Saturday (the first Saturday of the month). You can just show up or you can register on line first.

This is the registration for carbine shooters

https://practiscore.com/tps-carbine-...range/register

And this one is for pistol shooters

https://practiscore.com/tps-uspsa-pi...range/register

If you have any questions shoot me a PM

Quote Originally Posted by substratum View Post
    GSSF is out for me because I don't own a Glock. .
    With all the Glocks around I'm sure someone would loan you one to shoot the match. You just need to ask next time the match comes around. Jim
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

Hell rent one at the Pro Shop the day of the competition, we'd hook you up
    !