Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carbine match at Talon

Carbine match at Talon

This Sunday is the 1st monthly carbine match in the competition bays. All the stages from the Saturday pistol match will be left up, and can be shot on Sunday with rifle. The pistol steel will be grounded for rifle shooters, 150+ rounds for 223, 75 rounds for 308, $20 match entry.
    .....there are no mistakes in life, only lessons.....
    .....don't be upset by results you didn't get, from practice you didn't do.....

Registration 8:30, shooters meeting 9:30, shooting starts immediately after.

Junior
    If I'm not mistaken, you can shoot a rifle/pistol cal. carbine/rimfire rifle on either day. They're making separate squads for long guns and they'll shoot together but I don't think it's limited to Sunday. At least I hope not because I'm showing up Saturday morning with my carbine. This is from the email notice I got:

We will have BOTH Saturday andSunday Schedules!
    You can shoot either day orboth days in different divisions.
    We are also going to allowCarbines, Pistol Caliber Carbines and 22LR carbines.
    We will squad the Carbine folksseparately so that we can easily keep the pistol scores separate for when wesubmit them to USPSA.
    To do that we have 2 DIFFFERENTregistration links, one for Pistol and one for Carbine.

You are exactly right Ken you can shoot either day and shoot pistol or carbine either day

Here are the links to registration page.

You can register the day of but it helps to register ahead of time, you don't have to pay online.

PISTOL here
    https://practiscore.com/tps-uspsa-fe...range/register

CARBINE here
    https://practiscore.com/tps-uspsa-ca...clone/register

How many ranges are they going to tied up for two days?
    Last edited by JMW4570; February 6th, 2016 at 09:11 AM.
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

The competition ones in the back.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    The competition ones in the back.
    Duh... The question remains...
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

Quote Originally Posted by JMW4570 View Post
    Duh... The question remains...
    Usually all of them.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by JMW4570 View Post
    How many ranges are they going to tied up for two days?
    You seem to be concerned that they are having competitions on the competition bays that were built for competitions. What's up with that?

Graduate
    I shot the match yesterday, although not being a rifle primary guy I used my pistol. Great stages with a lot of foot movement and a few things to think about. Some of those stages got pretty far out there. 6 shots on a 35 yard target, mag change, 6 shots at 15 weak hand only can be humbling! The carbine guys had the option of not going weak hand, but I think Ken shot his carbine weak hand only on his off shoulder.

I shot with Ken and Gatorvet who both used carabines and they had a blast! Only posting for them in case they don't get back to the thread. Pistols are faster to manipulate, but an optically equipped carbine shines brightly when the distances get beyond conversational. Hopefully some folks shot the carbine primary match today and can report back their experiences.