Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carbine match at Talon

Thanks for the kind words. Its amazing but I'm actually happy with how I did this time. I only totally fucked one stage, and that was the classifier, where I committed 7 procedurals.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Graduate
    That classifier is hard!

What's a procedural ??
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Quote Originally Posted by NJC View Post
    What's a procedural ??
    I violated the procedure. In this case, I was supposed to shoot weak hand only, and didn't on 7 targets.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Thanks dale. I was being facetious.
    I plan on getting procedurals in many COFs then ;-)
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Sounds like this format was fun for a lot of folks. I liked it for sure. There were 4 of us rifle guys on Sunday. We shot the 1st string of the classy straight up, but did off hand/shoulder after the reload on the second string. Good practice if you ever get caught on the wrong end of a wall.

The match had to score USPSA pistol rules. To my knowledge there are no rifle/3gun matches that use points, it's 2 hits anywhere to neuter, or 1 alpha/head shot. I had a blast and just cut loose. I've got to switch from 308 to 223 for the next couple of months and have a new scope I'm trying to get used to.

We should have some 60-75 yard steel at the next one for rifle hits.
    .....there are no mistakes in life, only lessons.....
    .....don't be upset by results you didn't get, from practice you didn't do.....

Graduate
    I'm still trying to find the rifle scores. Any help would be appreciated!

Scores...we used to get scores on uspsa website, everything right there to look at and compare and analyze. Now they think we just want to know where we placed. Any more than that you've got to dig.

Go to www.practiscore.com
    Enter tps in the search
    Pic tps carbine or pistol
    It will give you placement and percent
    If you want details, when you pic the match, there is an option at top of page for "see results in old format". The old format is the only place I've been able to see times and penalties

I don't think we have any steel that will stand up to full caliber carbines even at that range

I have an assortment of mgm poppers and plates that I've been hammering at 50yrds for several years. They'll be fine for the 10 hits during a match.