Quote Originally Posted by Gatorvet View Post
Great class. Great instruction. Learned a lot of great new information and reinforced some old skills.
I will be back for more! Thanks!
I have to say this past PR class was eye-opening for me concerning some of the disparity between the Remington 700's DOPE for the 500 yard shots vs. my Savage's DOPE at 500 yards... I have seen numbers vary here and there but 10.5 MOA vs. some of the higher numbers shooting the same ammo, such as 12.5 to 14, surprised me. Usually at 500 I can give a ballpark MOA call and guys get on the steel quickly... Even the 10.5 (my Savage) vs. the Rem 700's 12.5 (which one was still low IIRC) is 10+ full inches of difference (2 MOA @ 500 = 10"). I'm still getting great stuff from EVERY class... I'm sure my Savage was 2" shorter than the 2 700's the other Snipers were using.

Another great plus was the conditions that made spotting bullet trace child's play... the bullet trace all the way to the target was so distinct Ray Charles could have seen it... another great plus was the opportunity to get better at spotting... the unsung hero of LR shooting.