Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Homemade Shooting Bag Rests ** PICS **

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Homemade Shooting Bag Rests ** PICS **

I'm a CHEAP BASTARD so I decided to try my hand at making some nice looking and functional bag rests. Having used the POLY BEADS before, I decided to stick with the form a few reasons... 1) if the bag gets wet, no big deal, poly beads are plastic and won't get ruined nor will they hold moisture like other filler materials; 2) light weight, yet firm solid when you squeeze them; 3) conformity... they "mold" and "conform" well, like a true sand bag, but without the weight.

Here are the supplies, I spent about $40 total and have most of the para cord left and some cloth, enough to make maybe three more bags:

Poly beads are $7 a bag, para cord was $2.50, cloth was like $10.00 for a square yard. Maybe buying the beads on line in bulk would save money...

At first I tried FABRIC GLUE... and while it has worked FANTASIC on other types of cloth (socks), it totally sucked on the material I bought... so... I put a call in to my Sister-in-law and borrowed her sewing machine.

I made several bags of different sizes, complete with a para cord tab to I can secure the bags to my person or rifle, and I even made a wedge shaped bag... while it won't win no geometry prize at the school science fair, it works great... Maybe I'll offer Signal-0 rest bags...

I double-stitched the seams and the bags are not TAOTALY FULL so I expect them to be quite durable.

PICS:

Last edited by Airgator0470; October 3rd, 2013 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Correct typo's
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.