Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  54
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: ACTICVE SHOOTER TRAINING COMPLETED

Quote Originally Posted by Airgator0470 View Post
    ADDED: IN FLORIDA... YOU (as Joe Q. Public) and I (as Jonny law) are NO DIFFERENT in the eyes of the law when it comes to using force to protect ourselves or another person. We both still must say WHY we did WHAT we did. The same laws that apply to ME apply to YOU. I would submit to you that I (a cop) would have a steeper hill to climb in the evaluation of a fuck up due to "training"... not that your experiences are ANY LESS than mine, and the fact most people just view cops as SUPER HUMANS who should NEVER fuck up.
    Explain Roy Middleton.

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Explain Roy Middleton.

Pretty sure they answered your question of Why and What they did.
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFingergasm View Post
    Pretty sure they answered your question of Why and What they did.
    If I shot a guy in his own driveway, in his own car, I would be in jail. We (citizens and LEO's) are not treated the same.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    If I shot a guy in his own driveway, in his own car, I would be in jail. We (citizens and LEO's) are not treated the same.
    Why would you a citizen be responding to a burglary in progress at someone else's home?

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFingergasm View Post
    Why would you a citizen be responding to a burglary in progress at someone else's home?
    I don't know, but Bobs point was the law sees us the same. That may be what is written, but it isn't reality.

I think you know the scenario you presented and replacing yourself as the deputies isn't the same as what Bob was talking about and nothing to do with an active shooter situation.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/21...cmp=latestnews

If it were an isolated incident would be one thing but it is certainly a trend

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/03/21...cmp=latestnews

If it were an isolated incident would be one thing but it is certainly a trend
    Perhaps we should be afraid of cops. I'm sure if we yelled stop and killed one because of a furtive movement we would walk free. In Bizarro world.

I don't feel like civilians are getting a raw deal, I think that LEO's are getting passes in SOME situations that don't appear to warrent it.

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

What? You mean not providing enough information to the public to form an informed opinion regarding the incidents?

I agree 100% what we are told is very obviously filtered to the point of force feeding us a narrative we are expected to swallow blindly. It is pathetic.

I also wish it was criminal.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.