Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock Armorers Course

Glock Armorers Course

So...I am going to take the liberty to repost this over here. It was originally posted by Ray form The Gun Vault, but as best I can tell, it is an open invitation. IF not, then there is another course in Wakulla County in October that is not an LEO only class. It is listed on the Glock Training website as well...

Exciting News from GLOCK and THE GUN VAULT (Civilian Armorer's Course)

For a long time, I along with other people, have been disappointed by the inability for civilians to attend Glock Armorer's Courses.
    The Gun Vault has requested to host a Glock Armorer's Course for Civilians at our store, and Glock has agreed.
    The Course will be held on August 1, 2013 at the Capital Circle NE Location.
    The cost for the course is $195 and can be done directly through Glock at www.glocktraining.com
    Don't delay as there are only 30 spots left.

When registering, you may check off that you are a GSSF member or Glock Dealer (The Gun Vault will sponsor you)
    Make sure to have confirmation, invoice, and certificate sent to your home address not employer address, which is the default.
    Make sure to check not applicable for Agency Size.

Hope to see a bunch of you there.

Ray

Graduate

Re: Glock Armorers Course

This is great, I didn't see this earlier. Going to see if I can make this.

Damn that's expensive.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

yeah, I think it is pretty costly to learn how to fix guns that largely don't break.

The class used to only cost like $50. It has gone up in price steadily over the years. Actually, if I remember correct, when I was a LEO and lived less than 30 minutes from Glock HQ, I could have gone and taken the class for free. Why, oh why did I not do it then???

[quote author=Parsons project link=topic=1080.msg8871#msg8871 date=1371736446]
    yeah, I think it is pretty costly to learn how to fix guns that largely don't break.

The class used to only cost like $50. It has gone up in price steadily over the years. Actually, if I remember correct, when I was a LEO and lived less than 30 minutes from Glock HQ, I could have gone and taken the class for free. Why, oh why did I not do it then???
    [/quote]

There is also the installation of Ghost Maker Triggers, assembling long slides etc.
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

"Governor, I haven't let another man touch my gun since 1861."

Correction:They had 30 slots available and only 7 have signed up.I am not sure Glock will have a course for 7 people.

[quote author=jlfar0311 link=topic=1080.msg12520#msg12520 date=1373285337]
    My tools would vomit in spite of being around so much European plastic
    [/quote]

We understand.

You're a 1911/AK guy, which means you have only a flat head and a hammer for your AK, and take the 1911 to the gunsmith for everything more complicated than putting the mag in it.

We'll take it in baby steps. First step in curing 1911itis is to get the infected person to learn to breathe through their nose.

[quote author=polebarn link=topic=1080.msg12521#msg12521 date=1373285544]
    They had 30 slots available and only 23 have signed up.I am not sure Glock will have a course for 7 people.
    [/quote]

I don't understand your math.

Only 7 signed up you mean?
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

[quote author=Tack Driver link=topic=1080.msg12523#msg12523 date=1373286557]
    [/quote]

We understand.

You're a 1911/AK guy, which means you have only a flat head and a hammer for your AK, and take the 1911 to the gunsmith for everything more complicated than putting the mag in it.

We'll take it in baby steps. First step in curing 1911itis is to get the infected person to learn to breathe through their nose.

They had 30 slots available and only 23 have signed up.I am not sure Glock will have a course for 7 people.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah.Coffee hasn't kicked in.Only 7 have signed up out of 30 available.Thanks.

[quote author=jlfar0311 link=topic=1080.msg12525#msg12525 date=1373286893]
    [/quote]

We understand.

[/quote]

You forgot a spare round as a punch pin. Nice mouthbreather reference though, I may or may not have laughed in an out loud manner
    [/quote]

You'll think it's really funny then when I tell you what step 2 is;

We put little training wheels on your knuckles.

Sophomore

[quote author=polebarn link=topic=1080.msg12524#msg12524 date=1373286779]
    [/quote]

We understand.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah.Coffee hasn't kicked in.Only 7 have signed up out of 30 available.Thanks.
    [/quote]

Any idea on the number now?? I was thinking about signing up.
    Don't take this the wrong way.......But they should have thrown you off the cliff!!!!