Signal 0
Likes Likes:  52
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Training Schedule

Bob I will hop on the question train. What is the difference in the one day "advance" rifle course and the "precision" rifle course. Would it be worthwhile to attend both or do I need to attend the advanced before the precision course? Thanks as always Bob! Best courses in the area hands down!
    Never Forget those who died for our freedom!

Please consider me in for;

March 12th/13th
    2-Day Precision Rifle Class
    Aucilla, FL
    8am-5pm both days
    Cost is $125 per person

** Limited loaner rifles and gear available**
    I will need to borrow a rifle. Please let me know what ammo to bring.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Many of the answers can be found on my site under COURSES OFFERED.

One of the hardest things for an instructor is to offer classes that allow a person to learn and have fun w/o either being put to sleep or being left behind. I've tried to develop a course structure that gives everyone something to choose from w/o being disappointed.

NO MATTER WHAT CLASS YOU PICK, I OFFER A 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE THAT IF YOU DON'T HAVE FUN SHOOTING AND TRAINING WITH US, OR FEEL YOU WASTED YOUR TIME, YOU DON'T PAY A DIME.

The 1-day BASIC course starts off with some classroom lecture on the AR15, parts, function, malfunctions, alterations, Ballistics 101, etc., with range work consisting of zeroing, and Basic Rifle Marksmanship, followed up with various shooting drills to work on mechanics. A great place to start for someone with no formal training or someone who has not had any training in a long time.

The 1-day ADVANCED class basically picks up where the basic left off and skips a lot of the above basic fundamentals developing, introductory lecture, and shooting drills and moves straight in to more challenging and dynamic shooting. Many who skip the BASIC course end up realizing perhaps they should have come to it to get a solid foundation on which to build.

The 2-day AR15/Carbine class starts straight on the range with warm up shooting drills and moves in a progressive manner with shooting drills becoming more dynamic and challenging. It includes more trigger time doing drills that reinforce good mechanics and rifle manipulation skills. This class incorporates and uses many of the techniques used in the 1-day Advanced class... just more of it.

The PRECISION RIFLE class is geared towards scoped rifles, either bolt action or semi-automatic, that are capable of MOA accuracy. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE AN ACCOMPLISHED RIFLEMAN TO COME TO THIS CLASS. You just need to bring decent gear (rifle/scope) and a learning/safe attitude . Notice I said decent, nor do you need an expensive custom rifle or scope to attend. This class starts off with lecture to educate the shooter on the concepts of longer range precision shooting. Everything from rifle selection and set up, optics selection and set up, a deep look into Internal, External, and Terminal ballistics, range estimation work, MILS and MOA education, toped of with a variety of shooting drills designed to test shooter and his/her gear.

We train in the rain... period... the only time we stop is lightening.

I hope I've answered all the questions, PLEASE feel free to ask more...
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

There is no dead line to sign up... you can show up the day of class if there is room. If a class fills up, I will start a stand by list. I do not take deposits, but as demonstrated with the Mac class, I expect you to honor your word unless something uncontrollable happens because we all know how life is. If you sign up, all I ask is you make attending a top priority.

With the Mac class, I missed the birth of my Grand Daughter... still hearing about that one... but I said I'd be there if I were alive... so I did what I said I would do... I expect the same from other men.

Quote Originally Posted by Danman View Post
    Also, February 14th is Valentine's Day. My wife is going to love that.
    We will be done in time for you to take her out on a nice date...no worries... women love a man who smells of gunpowder...

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    Please consider me in for;

I will need to borrow a rifle. Please let me know what ammo to bring.
    That depends on what flavor of rifle you want to borrow... bolt action .308, bolt action in .223, or semi-auto in .223, semi auto in .308, semi auto in 6.8 SPC, semi auto in 6.5CM?

In all seriousness, I'd HIGHLY recommend you go with the bolt action .308.

You will need about 100 rounds of quality MACTH ammunition such as Federal Gold Medal Match or Hornady TAP (168 BTHP or 175 BTHP) and 100 rounds of general purpose ammo such as Federal 147gr FMJ. This is not a ammo blasting course, it's a more SLOW methodical approach to PRECISION SHOTING.

If you have ammo left over, you can give it to me as a range tip... if you run short, too bad...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgator0470 View Post
    That depends on what flavor of rifle you want to borrow... bolt action .308, bolt action in .223, or semi-auto in .223, semi auto in .308, semi auto in 6.8 SPC, semi auto in 6.5CM?

In all seriousness, I'd HIGHLY recommend you go with the bolt action .308.

You will need about 100 rounds of quality MACTH ammunition such as Federal Gold Medal Match or Hornady TAP (168 BTHP or 175 BTHP) and 100 rounds of general purpose ammo such as Federal 147gr FMJ. This is not a ammo blasting course, it's a more SLOW methodical approach to PRECISION SHOTING.

If you have ammo left over, you can give it to me as a range tip... if you run short, too bad...lol.
    Put a toe tag with my name on it on a bolt .308 then.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    Put a toe tag with my name on it on a bolt .308 then with a 12" LOP.
    FTFY
    5G Motorola Razr

Quote Originally Posted by Cattle/Horses View Post
    FTFY
    12" LOP is perfect for a non-chicken wing, non-bladed, non-Elmer Fudd type.

But.......I did chuckle.

I'm in for these

Feb 13th
    1-Day AR15/Carbine Class Basic

Feb 14
    th

1-Day AR15/Carbine Advanced

Since I'm doing the basic/advanced, which do you think I will get more out of between the two below, if I had to pick just one?
    March 12th/13th
    2-Day Precision Rifle Class

March 26th/27th

2-Day AR15/Carbine Class
    If you want to learn about long range precision shooting with scoped rifles, attend the Precision Rifle class, I have scoped rifles to loan and associated gear if you need it. We will be shooting out to 500 plus yards, easy pickings for even a beginner. All you need is ammo as mentioned to Tack.

http://signal-0.com/Classes_PrecisionRifle.aspx

If you want to reinforce and hone what you learned in the BASIC and ADVANCED AR class, attend the March 26/27 AR15/Carbine class.
    Last edited by Tack Driver; November 27th, 2017 at 04:20 PM.