Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  28
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arbor Press

Quote Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
    Alright, well I'm guessing no one here uses one. I'm gonna work on setting one up if anyone is curious to seeing if there's any noticeable performance increase.
    I read some of the links posted before I got bored. Is it improved feel that is what allows you to see an increase in precision?
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    I read some of the links posted before I got bored. Is it improved feel that is what allows you to see an increase in precision?
    How would you increase precision? you set your dies up with a caliper to what you want correct? the only way I can see to increase precision is to have your dies set up to sit on the ogive of that particular bullet?

Quote Originally Posted by 12bhunting View Post
    How would you increase precision? you set your dies up with a caliper to what you want correct? the only way I can see to increase precision is to have your dies set up to sit on the ogive of that particular bullet?
    What I read was the ability to feel differences in neck tension, that kind of 'feel'. Not something I'm worried about.
    Last edited by Dale Gribble; November 19th, 2015 at 12:57 PM.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Nova Scotia or downtown Tallahassee, one or the other...
    I'm sort'a the opposite of a benchrest shooter. My philosophy runs along the lines of, "Any bullet that goes downrange instead of somewhere else is an accurate bullet," though if hard pressed on the subject I will grudgingly admit that those bullets that actually hit a target are better than those that don't. Perzakly where on the target a bullet hits is pretty much a matter of unconcern to me.

But then... I learned to shoot with a slingshot I carved out of a board, with "bands" cut from an inner tube and a pouch cut out of the tongue from an old leather shoe, and I fed it anything that would fit... all too often to my present shame, screws and nuts from my dad's machine shop. A machine screw with a couple of nuts threaded onto it will do a job on a bird.

Eenyhoo... That's a neck-size-only setup and I'm sure my rifle brass would get some longevity from using it... except that I seldom fire the same rifle twice in a row, and neck-sizing only ain't a good way to go for that.
    "Living life in fear isn't living life at all." ~ Winter Soldier

I hit the mother load when I was a kid. Found a box in the barn with thousands of 3/8 nuts. Yep I had a fine time killing shit, until the tail light of a 76 Chevy got in between me an a squirrel. I had no idea a man could throw a homemade slingshot 300+ yards while cussing a youngster....

Graduate
    Here's a couple of other things that will help reduce your group size.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447953401.592430.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1447953454.039349.jpg
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Graduate
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447953734.912652.jpgAnd of course a little pussy always helps

FLT, is that the Tuskegee Golden Tiger mascot?

Back to subject: One of the things that help me with grouping back when I was doing a lot of reloading, was to shoot the same brass in the same gun (bolt guns) and don't do full length sizing, just neck sizing.
    5G Motorola Razr

We have something in common. A little pussy helps me as well....

Graduate
    C/H , no he's only 8 months old . He weighs 27 pounds already! My wife called me from Atlanta and said she was bringing a new pussy home. I said great how long before you'll be home. Imagine my surprise , not at all what I had in mind.