Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  34
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Train with Mac !

I have both and truth be told, ergonomically, I'm more comfortable on the AR platform (I have a lot more trigger time on it) but the power and reliability is why I tend to run the AK. I'm fairly accurate with both, with similar sights I can produce similar results.

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Graduate
    Any time my weapon or I don't perform in the accuracy department like I'd want, I merely mock those who point it out and steal a play from the mainstream gun magazine's playbook:

It's "combat accurate." That is supposed to deflect any notions the product is sub-par and attempt (poorly) to make it sound like those who are doing the criticizing are being petty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    I shoot AK's and AR's the same.

Poorly.

you shoot much better now than 2 yrs ago when i first saw you shoot.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

I owned an AK well before an AR. I still, on occasion, accidentally hit the mag release on an AR. Quite embarrassing when the timer beeps and your eject your full mag..
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

not as embarrassing as not being able to seat a mag in your very high speed blaster because you're seating it like an 8 yr old playing with a box of crayons.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Quote Originally Posted by NJC View Post
    not as embarrassing as not being able to seat a mag in your very high speed blaster because you're seating it like an 8 yr old playing with a box of crayons.
    I've never had a hard time seating a USGI mag with 30 rounds on a closed bolt. But I know its a common issue.

I have had a hard time getting a bolt to close on a USGI or Magpul mag with 31 rounds in it from time to time..
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Im usually pretty good at making sure its 30. Bullet is always on the same side.

Quote Originally Posted by NJC View Post
    Im usually pretty good at making sure its 30. Bullet is always on the same side.
    I'm good till I don't pay attention.. Or its dark!

I believe in my heart and soul the 300BLK is the shitz. From "barely .22LR" to "slightly exceeding the energy of the AK cartridge" that one caliber has one covered.

The downside; it retains what I (personally) perceive of as the weaknesses inherent in the AR platform. Until those issues are fixed; I'll continue to shoot the crap out of my 300BLK, but I'm not letting go of my AK. I'll keep training/practicing for proficiency with both arms.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

.300 blk would be an easy transition for the .MIL relatively speaking I think. Manual of arms, gear, mags etc all stay the same. Carry the same amount of ammo too.

I know logistically, switching out barrels on all the weapons is tough, but it's not like landing a man on the moon.

If Uncle Sugar went to .300 blk I would consider it for SHTF. I may use it for an upgrade to my ghetto SPR. However until I can pick it up off the field, I have no real use.

That does not mean I do not like it or think it is worthy though.

When SHTf 6.8, .300, .300 WSSM , .357Sig and .38super will be unobtanium.