Likes Likes:  28
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teaser

Quote Originally Posted by NJC View Post
    That's OG right there.
    I think he indirectly called out a lot of big names.
    I bet Chris costa and Cory (of Cory and Erica fame) are busting a blood vessel.
    Probably so. He has a point; if I was really scanning for more targets, you can bet your ass the pistol would be up.
    I’m an engineer. To save us both time, let’s just assume I’m not wrong.

Lift with your back

I talk to myself because, at times, I require advice from an expert.

Only a fool courts the anger of a patient man.

We are all just one PBR away from being white trash and in trouble.

Sounds familiar... I have mentioned and challenged that "snatch back" BS I see guys do in my classes.

The first time I allowed pistol transitions in class I had to stop class and address the same issues... pulling the pistol back off target, failure to maintain DF, failure to acquire a secondary sight picture, and failure to access the target. Seeing Mac address this tells me I've received good training because that's how I was trained...

Lawrence has a video of it but I would not let him post it because I was a dick about it... sorry to the guys I chastised that day. In fact, I had to address it this past weekend with a couple shooters.
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

I think this is a symptom of the 180° range. Instructors want to come up with a way for people to scan left and right but didn't want them to most sweep the whole line and doing the process. What we came up with was basically a generation with the training scar
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

We did 360 sweeps after courses of fire. Went to Sewell so that we didn't cap anybody.
    Putting the Harm in Pharmacist

Quote Originally Posted by NJC View Post
    I think this is a symptom of the 180° range. Instructors want to come up with a way for people to scan left and right but didn't want them to most sweep the whole line and doing the process. What we came up with was basically a generation with the training scar
    Maybe the head turn... but the tacticool pistol pullback? Where the heck did that come from? It's like some shooters who assume position SUL instead of a good low ready.

I'm not for or against them. Retention positions have their function. They are just a moment in time. When it becomes the destination as opposed to part of the trip it is bad.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by Airgator0470 View Post
    Maybe the head turn... but the tacticool pistol pullback? Where the heck did that come from? It's like some shooters who assume position SUL instead of a good low ready.
    I don't think I've ever seen anyone do the "tactical pullback." As far as going to close ready, "position 3" or Sul (where did that even come from?) as opposed to a proper low ready, the jury is still out for me. I'm going to run a few drills, and probably put a few C4 victims through them as well to see if there is any speed or accuracy advantage. It's something some co-workers and I have been discussing. I may start a thread.

I think the 'pullback' started as a pre-holstering maneuver. The shooter is done with that round of shots and is about to reholster. Just before doing so, he pulls back, does a last quick scan, and holsters. In this case, it makes some sense. But I think some people took that shit to the next level because they thought it looked cool.

Who knows. That's how I thought it came about. If anyone ever sees me do it, call me out on it.
    ------ For the ordinary person, everything is either a blessing or a curse. For the warrior, there are only challenges.--------

------Boat ramps and gun ranges can be some of the best places to see the depth of human stupidity------

------ "It doesn't matter.......it is AK......" AKOUL4774------

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen anyone do the "tactical pullback." As far as going to close ready, "position 3" or Sul (where did that even come from?) as opposed to a proper low ready, the jury is still out for me. I'm going to run a few drills, and probably put a few C4 victims through them as well to see if there is any speed or accuracy advantage. It's something some co-workers and I have been discussing. I may start a thread.
    I don't think its supposed to be an alternative to low ready. Its a transitional point from low ready back to holster. I've dealt with threats I know, I don't want to muzzle sweep anyone as I scan my six for other threats, but I don't want to go all the way back to the holster.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Position SUL started with this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq-amA56Ge4

I agree with the three purposes... as well as the modified SUL for vehicle ops.