Likes Likes:  62
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FINAL MAC CLASS POST

FINAL MAC CLASS POST

We are all paid up. Thanks. Below are my final thoughts/posts for the class:

- Make sure you bring EVERYTHING you need for class. I've had guys show up to class leaving important stuff at home, LIKE AMMO.

- Feel free to bring a pop-up tent/shelter, field chair, cooler for your drinks, lunch, etc.

- Speaking of ammo, remember, no STEEL CORE or BI-METAL CORE JACKET. My steel is going to take THOUSANDS of hits. If a magnet sticks to the bullet you can't shoot it... and NO... you can't bring it to shoot the paper targets because I've allowed that before and people still hammered my steel with M855 type ammo. No one will have the time nor the interest to be checking ammo during the class... JUST DON'T BRING ANY.

- If you're NOT in shape, start walking, stretching, etc. you have just over two months to make small improvements.

- TARGET BACKERS, if you can bring a few, great.

- Range Volunteers, if you can stop in for the day to help, or part of the day, great, just let me know.

It's been a long time in the making and we have rounded to corner... once we get through September, and October, we will have the class we all have been waiting a year for.
    Last edited by Airgator0470; September 2nd, 2015 at 07:41 PM.
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgator0470 View Post
    I've had guys show up to class leaving important stuff at home, LIKE AMMO.

Unpossible.

I mean, sorry.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Excellent news.
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Graduate
    Looking forward to it!!!

Bob deserves a bottle of spirits for his efforts in putting this together. I am sure we can accommodate.
    ------ For the ordinary person, everything is either a blessing or a curse. For the warrior, there are only challenges.--------

------Boat ramps and gun ranges can be some of the best places to see the depth of human stupidity------

------ "It doesn't matter.......it is AK......" AKOUL4774------

Graduate
    I'm putting this here, because it's the latest thread on the topic.

I've been reading some of the AAR's on the class that go back a few years. From what I've read, I took away two main things:

1) He's big on accuracy. In some of the classes your run didn't get scored unless all shots were in the "A" zone; your score was simply "no-go." As you practice leading up to the class, remember to have constant target feedback so you know where you are hitting and from what distance. Know your pace ahead of the class. When you're practicing, shoot at a speed you KNOW you can hit all "A's" at and maintain that speed until it naturally gets faster. It will feel slow as crap because you're so controlled in your shooting, but recognize it for what it is: control. That's the speed you should use at the class.

2) He seems to set up problems and let the students solve them on their own at first, and then offer guidance. Without bragging (much), I believe regular C4 attendees will have an advantage here because, minus the teaching, that's exactly what we do there.

When getting your gear ready, change the batteries out in your optic the day before the class with new ones. Even the small delay in having to change out batts will be annoying for everyone and embarrassing for you. It would be even worse if you somehow didn't have a replacement! I'd also make sure your back up irons are properly sighted in as well in the event of a catastrophic optic failure or a training evolution in which you have to turn your optic off. Bring enough ammo. When I shoot a match, I bring 150% of the ammo requirement, just in case. I've read two AAR's in which people talked about running low or out of ammo. Just because the class calls for 1K rounds doesn't mean you might not have the opportunity to shoot more. More is better, and be prepared for it! If I was taking this class, I would bring 2K rifle and 2K pistol. It would be expensive, but it will get shot up eventually so it wouldn't go to waste or anything.

These are things I'm just running through my head this morning, and certainly not an exhaustive list, but in reading the AAR's from others, this seems like a great opportunity to learn and you don't want to miss a minute of it on something that could have been addressed ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_McNasty View Post
    Bob deserves a bottle of spirits for his efforts in putting this together. I am sure we can accommodate.
    He'll be taken care of.
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Is there a preferred libation? Or are we doing dealers choice?
    And yes, YF X2
    Putting the Harm in Pharmacist

Remind me. We're setting up camp out there somewhere, right?
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    Remind me. We're setting up camp out there somewhere, right?
    A slight change in plans as far as that's concerned...

Because it's during the week, James ask that I keep the after hours social gatherings after class to a minimum... time and noise wise. He works his ass off with Greg in Landscape and is dog tired when he comes home... remember, he now lives there full time. He gets up EARLY so sleep time is an issue.

Folks are MORE THAN WELCOME to hang out after class for a couple hours and have a cold beer or three... but the hunt camp most likely will not be available as usual.

Mac said he is staying at the hunt camp with us and I don't think he's the stay up till midnight drinking/talking shit kind of guy, especially as he's there in a professional capacity. On my next e-mail I'll mention after class social possibilities and see what he prefers. He might like hanging out with boot-lickers or he may not...

Sorry about the change as I planned on anyone and everyone staying... but James recently brought it up and I have to say I understand... he's older than me and until things change, he's stuck with that ball-breaking job for the time being.
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.