Signal 0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Magnum primers

CCGF Diplomatic Ambassador

Magnum primers

Some list remington 9 1/2 mag primers, some list cci mag, and some list regular lr primers. I do not want to buy $200 in primers to load 7 rem mag. Can I just run with one choice?

Quote Originally Posted by 12bhunting View Post
    Some list remington 9 1/2 mag primers, some list cci mag, and some list regular lr primers. I do not want to buy $200 in primers to load 7 rem mag. Can I just run with one choice?
    Yes, since you are going to start on the low side of the load and work up you can use whatever. However I would use a magnum primer.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

10_4 I was hoping I could use just one. Better to go with one brand over another?

Quote Originally Posted by 12bhunting View Post
    10_4 I was hoping I could use just one. Better to go with one brand over another?
    All things being equal I am sure their is one brand that is slightly hotter. However just finding primers can be a bitch, beggers can't be choosers.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Appreciate it. Kevin's has some cci 215 I will pick u p.