Likes Likes:  58
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: law enforcement officers heads up

Quote Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
    We talked about that awhile ago. People said it never happened and it was a myth, but you know what? Don't care. In my mind it happened, because it needed to happen, and even if it's a lie it shouldn't be forgotten.
    Pershing also reached out to the non-militant factions, treated them with respect, and help economic development in the Moro areas.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Graduate
    Make no mistake it happened. The same people that are changing other facts of history are trying to change this one as well. By 2050 Paul Revere will have been a black woman. Jfar most of these guys have never been out of the United States their opinions are based on what they saw on the discovery channel . They have no idea what this animals are really like.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pershing.asp

As much as I would like to believe it happened, I can find nothing definitively supporting the fact that it did. He may have threatened it once.

"We haven't eliminated the possibility that Pershing at some point chose to deal with a group of "Mohammedan fanatics" in a manner similar to the one described above, but so far all we've turned up are several different accounts with nothing that documents Pershing's involvement.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pershing.asp#uuZwYz8betSDTiUl.99"

Now I understand snopes is not the perfect source, nothing is, not even wikipedia. We have flogged this dead horse before and no one was able to link to or produce any hard evidence this event happened. I'm ambivilent either way, but if there is proof this occurred, I'd love to see it.

FLT if you can point us in that direction, I know Jafar and I would be grateful !

NJC
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Careful, NJC. If you use Snopes, you'll be accused of using a Prog/Dem site and lambasted over it. Just a friendly warning
    None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license.
    --John Milton

Only digging in on the position of the truth – yes, I defend guns because guns are useful for killing criminals and tyrants – is going to be successful. Only the truth shall set you free.

Graduate
    NJC my source has been dead for more than 25 years now. He was by all accounts a honest enlisted man. He was respected by his peers and admired by us younger guys. Of the few story's that he shared most could be easily confirmed. Unfortunately I only have his word on this matter. Perhaps with out further proof I should just keep it to my self.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorvet View Post
    If they saw the performance you gave yesterday they would be shittin themselves!
    I don't know about that, but I do know those guys are d-bags.
    ------ For the ordinary person, everything is either a blessing or a curse. For the warrior, there are only challenges.--------

------Boat ramps and gun ranges can be some of the best places to see the depth of human stupidity------

------ "It doesn't matter.......it is AK......" AKOUL4774------

Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    NJC my source has been dead for more than 25 years now. He was by all accounts a honest enlisted man. He was respected by his peers and admired by us younger guys. Of the few story's that he shared most could be easily confirmed. Unfortunately I only have his word on this matter. Perhaps with out further proof I should just keep it to my self.
    Even if it is true, and I'm not doubting it is, a huge amount is written about that time period, and Pershing did a lot more than that act to fix the problem.

Unless you can kill everyone who is, was or ever will be a muslim, that solution alone isn't enough to stop the problem. Is it a good start? I doubt it.

You have to execute those who are making this happen (with extreme prejudice and extreme violence) while at the same time giving those who are not committed to Jihad a better path for the future. The united states can't do this anywhere but in the united states.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by FLT View Post
    FLT, sure a first hand account or an account by someone who was in the AO at the time has some validity. Let me ask you this though.. The book and HBO Series 'Band of Brothers" there is a situation where Lt. Spears is held up as a bad ass because an enlisted guy, Malarchy thought he saw Spears kill a bunch of German prisoners. Now Spears is respected and even feared by some because of this story, Malarchy never really saw it, he made an assumption based on his observations. I'm not doubting the validity of your friends statement, I guess I am a doubting thomas, If I could see the grave, read a published first hand account or see pictures of the event I would be more comfortable.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by NJC View Post
    FLT, sure a first hand account or an account by someone who was in the AO at the time has some validity. Let me ask you this though.. The book and HBO Series 'Band of Brothers" there is a situation where Lt. Spears is held up as a bad ass because an enlisted guy, Malarchy thought he saw Spears kill a bunch of German prisoners. Now Spears is respected and even feared by some because of this story, Malarchy never really saw it, he made an assumption based on his observations. I'm not doubting the validity of your friends statement, I guess I am a doubting thomas, If I could see the grave, read a published first hand account or see pictures of the event I would be more comfortable.
    NJC . No worries I'm a bit of a doubting thomas myself. The people that worry me are the true believers !

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    My grandfather served with Pershing in WW1,he claimed it was true.He was a very reputable man,but I did not see pictures.As he died 43 yrs ago I cannot ask him any more
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!