Likes Likes:  76
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: things I have learned in a year

Graduate
    So let's see for the math majors..
    Out of a post that contains 20 posts prior to this one, 3 added meaningful comment in regards to the thread, 1 gave approval, and 16 were off topic, unless you count the apparently most important topic of grammar correction..

So 80% of the replies relate to that...
    Hell, why don't we get jonas to make a grammar section since it obviously is 4 times more important than anything else on a gun forum.

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    Dribble will be teaching the ebonics class of course.
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Graduate
    I agree. It's kinda cute when Tack does it. But all these copy cats are getting a little old.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    Maybe the grammar police should grade papers, you know put smiley faces on the correct ones, and shoot holes in the ones with mistakes...

I never knew there were that many want to be english teachers..or it took precedence over informative, or useful information..

It seems like a ego trip of posting just to feel important over some trivial mispellings, or slight grammatical issues..

That effort would better be channeled into adding meaningful to the conversation, instead of coming off as a egotistical, arrogant, ass who wishes they were grading english papers because they can't add anything useful to the conversation, either because of their lack of understanding of the topic or their ego.

But, you know what some people say.."you can't fix stupid"
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    Maybe the grammar police should grade papers, you know put smiley faces on the correct ones, and shoot holes in the ones with mistakes...

I never knew there were that many want to be english teachers..or it took precedence over informative, or useful information..

It seems like an ego trip of posting just to feel important over some trivial misspellings, or slight grammatical issues..

That effort would better be channeled into adding meaningful to the conversation, instead of coming off as an egotistical, arrogant, ass who wishes they were grading english papers because they can't add anything useful to the conversation, either because of their lack of understanding of the topic or their ego.

But, you know what some people say.."you can't fix stupid"

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Graduate
    Outlaw....
    Good for you, you have increased in rank from grammar intern, to grammar aide...
    I Purposely leave just a few minor mistakes for people to redline as it makes them feel useful.

Hell Yeah I've been promoted Does this promotion come with a burrito?

Oderint dum metuant

"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks your life seeks my life, but with me you shall be safe.” 1 Samuel 22:23

“This gun is liberty; hold for certain that the day when you no more have it, you will be returned to slavery.” – Toussaint L’Ouverture

Graduate
    No burrito for you...
    Pocket lint and a few spent 22 cases is the cash value of the promotion

Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    Hell Yeah I've been promoted Does this promotion come with a burrito?
    Fancier title, new business cards, no raise. Works most every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattle/Horses View Post
    Fancier title, new business cards, no raise. Works most every time.
    I was once told by an employer that I was too important for a week of vacation off, but not important enough for a raise.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater