Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: H&R to no longer make single shot rifles/shotguns.

H&R to no longer make single shot rifles/shotguns.

Got this note from a distributor.
    H&R HAS ANNOUNCED THEY WILL NO LONGER BE MAKING SINGLE SHOT RIFLES/SHOTGUNS.

I would assume the info is the real deal.

The vendor also said they would be lowering prices to close them out. I'm going to post prices for a group buy as soon as I can.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

1. This makes sense. They will still be selling New England Firearms I presume?

2. I want some rifle barrels!
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

The Handi-Rifle in 300 Blackout (threaded barrel/suppressor ready) is going to go for $240.33 OTD. (that is cheaper than Buds and PSA, BTW).

The only one in stock is this model:

http://www.advanced-armament.com/300...fle_p_630.html
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    1. This makes sense. They will still be selling New England Firearms I presume?

2. I want some rifle barrels!
    1. No idea. I can't seem to find it anywhere but in a terse email from one vendor.

2. Which ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post

2. Which ones?
    .243, .300BLK, .308, 45/70 (ouch)
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

.243, .300BLK, .308, 45/70 (ouch)
    It looks like barrels have to be sold by HR, and have to be fitted to your gun. I guess they are no Thompson Contender.

http://www.hr1871.com/support/accessoryprogram.asp

• We do not sell additional barrels outright. All barrels must be factory fitted.

What does a 45/70 go for? Any with threaded barrels?

What does a 45/70 go for? Any with threaded barrels?
    I can't find any 45/70's in stock. But I will keep looking.

If I do they go from about $20 more than the 300 ACC one to $110 more for the Buffalo Classic.

From the H&R site it does not look like they make a 45/70 with threaded barrel. BUT.. The handi rifle in Marlin 444 has a threaded barrel. Same price as the 300 ACC.

If you want I will look around and see if other vendors have the 45/70.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    I can't find any 45/70's in stock. But I will keep looking.

If I do they go from about $20 more than the 300 ACC one to $110 more for the Buffalo Classic.

From the H&R site it does not look like they make a 45/70 with threaded barrel. BUT.. The handi rifle in Marlin 444 has a threaded barrel. Same price as the 300 ACC.

If you want I will look around and see if other vendors have the 45/70.
    Yeah, I'd love to but my fuckin' work nanny has me hemmed up.

Yeah, I'd love to but my fuckin' work nanny has me hemmed up.
    Say again.