Signal 0
Likes Likes:  64
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Static Electricity ??

Quote Originally Posted by Bodo View Post
    Is static discharge capable of igniting powder? Gunpowder is very, very stable. I wouldn't worry about it.

Yes. Absolutely. Most positively for sure. I did it about 24 hours ago.

It is true that smokeless powder is very stable. But that in no practical way correlates to its flammability. Think newspaper. Extremely stable. But also pretty darned flammable! Drop a hot spark on newspaper and it'll burn a hole in it. Smokeless powder, drop a hot spark into it and it will ignite.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Ike View Post
    Let's get one thing really clear. I am not scared of faggots.... I just hate them. There is no phobia here.
    But I love you and you soft supple static free skin.
    Jesus says hate is bad.

God bless.
    Sent from an Altoids Tin via Morse Code

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    Craw is right. You guys just can't keep up.

I will not even pretend to know the why/how of this. Sure looks like that guy knows what he was doing.

And it annoys me greatly that I have no choice but to dispute his conclusion. But I've got burns on my fingers and a singed scale pan I can't just ignore.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    Yes. Absolutely. Most positively for sure. I did it about 24 hours ago.

It is true that smokeless powder is very stable. But that in no practical way correlates to its flammability. Think newspaper. Extremely stable. But also pretty darned flammable! Drop a hot spark on newspaper and it'll burn a hole in it. Smokeless powder, drop a hot spark into it and it will ignite.
    Correct. Heat is what starts the reaction. Very little heat is produced with static shock.
    None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license.
    --John Milton

Only digging in on the position of the truth – yes, I defend guns because guns are useful for killing criminals and tyrants – is going to be successful. Only the truth shall set you free.

I went and bought a box of dryer sheets at the dollar store. They were on sale for a dollar.

Worked like a million bucks.

. . . no girly smelling lotion required.

Though I do have to admit that the sheets didn't do sheet for my ashy skin.

OK who snuck in and added some wiring to Rumbler's scale?