Signal 0
Likes Likes:  37
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9mm

9mm

Ok, so I want to try reloading. I'm saving brass from my 9mm to take a crack at it. Just want to load fmj for target practice. What do I need to buy to load normal 115 grain ammo? Bullets, powder and primers? also who wants to give me a lesson on there press before I take the plunge?
    When there is beer involved,we all win.
    Me

I felt you went over the line a bit,when you theoretically wanted to fornicate with a mythical child.
    Daniel Tosh

Bullets, powders, primers. Honestly there are far too many options to list in one post. No kidding.

As for giving you a lesson on the press . . . there are certainly more experienced reloaders here than me. But having loaded a few bazillion rounds of various 9mm cartridges, and having at least three different styles of reloading presses set up all at the same time and at the same place, I feel fairly qualified to volunteer for that.

I'll PM you to see if we can work out the logistics to get together at the same place at the same time.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

DSH runs reloading classes as another option.
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

Justin, just the components and you can reload them at my house. I reload 9mm now
    Texas Ranger Charlie Miller was minding his own business when a concerned citizen came up to him, noted the hammer back on the big 1911 dangling from the Ranger's belt, and asked, "Isn't that dangerous?" Charlie replied, "I wouldn't carry the son-of-a-bitch if it wasn't dangerous."

Quote Originally Posted by marcus6176 View Post
    Justin, just the components and you can reload them at my house. I reload 9mm now
    Done. I'll hit you up in the near future, I'm saving my brass now and will have a shit load after the end of this week. What powder do you recommend and where?
    When there is beer involved,we all win.
    Me

I felt you went over the line a bit,when you theoretically wanted to fornicate with a mythical child.
    Daniel Tosh

Bullseye is what I use.
    Texas Ranger Charlie Miller was minding his own business when a concerned citizen came up to him, noted the hammer back on the big 1911 dangling from the Ranger's belt, and asked, "Isn't that dangerous?" Charlie replied, "I wouldn't carry the son-of-a-bitch if it wasn't dangerous."

Accurate Arms #5
    Hodgdon Clays
    Hodgdon HS-6
    Hodgdon HP-38
    Hodgdon International Clays
    Hodgdon Universal
    Hodgdon Titegroup
    Hodgdon Trail Boss
    IMR 700-x
    IMR SR7625

What is it they say; diversity is the spice of life?

These are the powders I either am using currently or have used in the past to load 115gr 9mm.

My point being . . . don't get all bummed out if you go to Kevins or DSH and they don't have exactly the powder you went in there for.

Heck, I'm working up a load using the ends off of kitchen matches.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

I use Unique. 5.5grn with an Xtreme 115gr plated bullet. Cheap, and pretty accurate.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

I hurt some feelings on the rifle side the other day with my 115gr plated bullets with 5.7 of sr4756. I think I almost shoot that 92 better than my rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    Accurate Arms #5
    Hodgdon Clays
    Hodgdon HS-6
    Hodgdon HP-38
    Hodgdon International Clays
    Hodgdon Universal
    Hodgdon Titegroup
    Hodgdon Trail Boss
    IMR 700-x
    IMR SR7625

What is it they say; diversity is the spice of life?

These are the powders I either am using currently or have used in the past to load 115gr 9mm.

My point being . . . don't get all bummed out if you go to Kevins or DSH and they don't have exactly the powder you went in there for.

Heck, I'm working up a load using the ends off of kitchen matches.
    Rumbler any idea why in most of the loads I can find all the plated and lead loads call for powders like accurate #.... V-3N37, R silhouette, ect but the jacketed loads have all the Autocomo, blue/green/red dots, titegroup, universal, 7625. Ect. Is it the burn temperatures or something, I just run what I brung and Im down to my limited supply of sr4756 but Ive been able to kind of wing it and have loads that worked great with everything from 115 9mm, 135 and 180 .40s, to 230 ball for .45