Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  48
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Accessing the Forum Securely.

Accessing the Forum Securely.

So, I've got SSL enabled on the forum and have switched it over. You might see the https://forum.capitalcitygunforum.com thing pop up. I found a cheap SSL cert provider ($25 for 5 years!!!!) that's backed by Comodo. I'm trying to figure out what parts aren't coming up cleanly, but should have it figured out soon enough.

For the non-technical types, what this means is that your connection to the forum is now encrypted. That means when you use the site at work, the only thing they see is that you're accessing the site. They cannot intercept any of the traffic. Nobody can intercept your login to the forum when you're using public WiFi. This is a really good thing and something that I've been hoping to do for a good long while but it was cost prohibitive ($80-$500 yearly).

I'm pretty stinking excited about this one.

Okidoki, if you have a problem while using Chrome and there's a big ugly red cross mark on the url of the page like there's a warning, do this. Close your browser and re-open it and then come back to CCGF. You should get a nice green lock on the page. Old stuff was cached which caused the error to show incorrectly. Sometimes you might get a yellow triangle, but that's no biggie. Could just be a link to an image or a youtube video.

Looks like it might be a day or so for your tapatalk connections to be fully secure. Tapatalk caches the site URL and the cache will need to clear on your device.

Sophomore
    Nice work. Thank you. For what it's worth the site comes up fine with no certificate warnings on my Windoze 8/IE 11 machine.

Coach.

Working good here;thanks for the extra security.

works like a champ ! Good Job Jonas
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    Way to go slackass!
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Keep up the mediocre work brother!
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    Hey slackass both times I have attempted to log in this moring the url message has come up takes two attempts to login
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Try typing in the correct password the first time then.