Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9mm plated bullets?

Green is the only dot ive tried but Ive used it for some hot 230 ball and one of my personal favorites is a 1350 FPS Nosler 135gr JHP. It burns clean it just has to be hot, I think in one of my books the start load is the max load too, its gotta be compressed.

Extreme plating is thicker in general. Couldn't get a good seal with 115. Moved to 124 with 4gr of bullseye don't have oal in front of me but it was running 1150 or so.
    "Patriotism is supporting your Country at all times. And your government only when it deserves it"

Mark Twain

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."

John Steinbeck

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. mike View Post
    I figured if 4.7 with a fmj does 1150 dropping down to 4.5 grs should keep it under the 1250 mark and with such a fast powder the extra inch on the barrel shouldn't add as much extra velocity as others I use like autocomp and sr4756. I wouldn't even flirt with any type of crimp but I don't see the need for it either. I really need a chronograph. I do wonder if they guarantee them to 1250 I wonder how hard you could run them before they start to come apart.
    Capt.,

I'll be at Talon Saturday morning shooting the USPSA. We usually finish around 12:00noon. If you want to run some of these by my chrono just let me know and I'll bring it with me. I have some loads that I can/should test as well so it's no big deal if you wanna use it.

Let me know.

Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachLongShot View Post
    Capt.,

I'll be at Talon Saturday morning shooting the USPSA. We usually finish around 12:00noon. If you want to run some of these by my chrono just let me know and I'll bring it with me. I have some loads that I can/should test as well so it's no big deal if you wanna use it.

Let me know.

Coach.
    Id love to try them out on the chrono but I'm not a member up there

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. mike View Post
    Id love to try them out on the chrono but I'm not a member up there
    You should be ashamed of yourself !!!
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    You should be ashamed of yourself !!!
    Think we could get him in as a guest? Or dare a say a day pass?!?

"Daily Fee for Non-Members: $25 per day

A non-member access is available, but, the guest will have to complete all
    the registration/waiver requirements of a member. This fee will be for any
    static range. Other additional fees may apply."

25 bucks to shoot my 13 cent handloads is a little to rich for me

You can be a guest of another member. In a worst case it would cost $10.00. If they are a gold member the cost is zero. If they are a silver member it is $5.00

But you have to do the paperwork either way. You are welcome to do that in the pro shop OR before you go to the range (from home or wherever) and simply bring the completed forms with you when you come.

The videos and the forms can be found at: http://www.talontraininggroup.com/Talon-Range

OH! And the COAL I am using for the 9mm 147gr gator snot cartridges . . . 1.165 inches. Yes I wrote it down rather that try to recall it from memory.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Thanks Mike, I went ahead and loaded 100 of the 115s up but ill get me some gator snot on the next go around

So I was a little too consevative, they shot great and were really acurate but were just barely enough to cycle the slide, they litterally dropped out to the right in a neat pile, think im gonna push them a little hotter as they sounded sub sonic compared to my fmj that I had loaded up, they were screaming and cracked out to 100-125 yards out