Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halloween / night '2-gun' match at Talon Range

Halloween / night '2-gun' match at Talon Range

I know this is last minute, but I wanted to throw this out there. I hadn't planned on running another Halloween / night match this year, as that weekend falls on an event that us cops aren't usually allowed to have off, but I was able to get everything covered, and I plan on going forward with a night match on Saturday Nov. 1st. This is just a preliminary message--I'll have hard times as soon as I figure out sundown for that date, etc.

My plan is for a 4 stage, all field course '2-gun' match done in the dark. This will be a great opportunity for you to bring out your zombie / home defense / EOTWAWKI rifle and handgun, and see what it's like to shoot it in the dark.

Expect the round count to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 70 to 80 rounds each for rifle and handgun. Scoring and rules will be just like 3-gun. Targets will be clearly delineated as rifle or handgun targets.

Bring your lights! Bring your back-up lights! Bring spare batteries! You never know when that stuff will fail--but matches have a tendency to break things.

The match fee will probably be $15, and will include a chem stick / glow stick, which everyone will wear on their body (for safety reasons).

We'll keep things very simple on categories and divisions--run what ya brung. This is for fun, for trying out your home defense set-up, and maybe for some candy, so don't sweat your set-up--just come out and have fun. I'll even allow .22 rimfire rifles, if that's all you have. Handguns must be 9mm or larger (as a .22 pistol won't knock over steel targets).

E-mail me with questions, and expect to see a follow-up e-mail from me in a few days with a firm start time.

John

Razz.

Are you going to have it setup so you can ditch pistols on every stage?

I don't have a holster for my handgun light which is why I ask.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Supporting Member
    So in!

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Razz.

Are you going to have it setup so you can ditch pistols on every stage?

I don't have a holster for my handgun light which is why I ask.
    What do you need buddy?
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    What do you need buddy?
    1 million dollars.

And for seadog to get a sense of humor.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

1 million dollars.

And for seadog to get a sense of humor.
    Since neither of those will ever happen.........................
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    Since neither of those will ever happen.........................
    A bucket or barrel for grounding handguns on each stage.

A bucket or barrel for grounding handguns on each stage.
    Okay, so a light bearing holster won't work for you?

No, because I don't use one. And my guess is many folks who might shoot this (other than me) might not either.

Hmm. I hadn't considered some folks might not have a holster. I'll have to give that some thought.

What gun do you need it for? I have light bearing holsters for G19, 17 and 21. You are welcome to use my stuff, if that would help.