Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halloween / night '2-gun' match at Talon Range

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    1 million dollars.

And for seadog to get a sense of humor.
    No problem on the million I can just write a check. Now a sense of humor for seadog that's a horse of a deferent color!
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Quote Originally Posted by razzman1 View Post
    Hmm. I hadn't considered some folks might not have a holster. I'll have to give that some thought.

What gun do you need it for? I have light bearing holsters for G19, 17 and 21. You are welcome to use my stuff, if that would help.
    Thanks. I'm sure I can manage, but the offer is appreciated.

My thought was just that many folks have a hand gun with a light in the night stand for nocturnal social problems, but not on their every day carry gun. It just might help get more folks.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

I may come watch. Still don't have lights.
    When there is beer involved,we all win.
    Me

I felt you went over the line a bit,when you theoretically wanted to fornicate with a mythical child.
    Daniel Tosh

Don't let not having equipment stop you. I'm sure you can borrow some, rifle lights and handgun lights move easily from gun to gun.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

You could start stages with handgun from either a holster or the top of a barrel.

Either way, sounds like fun, count me in.
    ------ For the ordinary person, everything is either a blessing or a curse. For the warrior, there are only challenges.--------

------Boat ramps and gun ranges can be some of the best places to see the depth of human stupidity------

------ "It doesn't matter.......it is AK......" AKOUL4774------

I may try to set up the stages so that we start with the handgun, or the handgun is laying on a 'table.' If we start with the handgun, shooters can simply come to the line with the gun bagged and start at low ready if they don't have a holster.

And I have plenty of extra lights, if someone is lacking equipment.

Just a few quick updates on this match:

You will NOT need a holster for your handgun with attached light. If you have one and want to use it, great, but you won't need it. If you don't have a holster, you can simply start from a 'low ready' position. Just make sure you have a gun rug or case for it.

Rifles: ARs, AKs, .30 cal, .22lr, pistol caliber carbines--whatever. As long as it is safe, you can bring it. We won't be shooting any steel targets with the rifles, so there are no ammo restrictions.

If you'd like to attend the match, but suffer from a lack of flashlights, contact me and I can help.

As of right now, I am planning on the match briefing starting at 7:15, with shooting starting at about 7:30. It's pretty dark by then, so I think we should be OK. I want to shoot in the dark, but I don't want to be out there at 11:30 like last year!

John

I apologize for the topic twist but I gotta say something.

Seadog does indeed have a sense of humor. I know this for a fact.

My best guess is that he simply does not know you guys well enough to be comfortable "letting his hair down" (VERY figuratively).

OK. I'm done with my hijack. Just wanted you guys to know that you are misreading him . . . sorta.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.