Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Those of you who tumble or vibrate your brass.

Those of you who tumble or vibrate your brass.

Do you do it with the primers in? Or does it depend?
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Inspect.
    Trash bad brass, decap GTG brass.
    Tumble.

No need tumbling brass that end up trashed.

Graduate
    Depends. I do pistol cases before I size them because I don't lube them. (Carbide dies) I do the rifle cases after they're sized to get the lube off.
    Luck is the phenomena created when Preparation meets Opportunity .

Both ways... depends.
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

I normally remove the primer using a Lee universal decapping die and then tumble my cases. Only problem is removing the tumbling media from the flash hole in the cases afterward. Someone said they used rice for polishing and cleaning cases. I tried that and it worked pretty good but the dust on the cases and in the tumbler was bad. I threw out the rice. Still going to try some of the NuFinish Car Wax as suggested by Rumbler. It is just me but I don't normally tumble after resizing. I am just paranoid that I may miss some media in the case. Again it is just my paranoia. Both ways work fine.

I am in the "Both ways . . . depends" camp also.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Ok. Depends.. On what?
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Ok. Depends.. On what?
    Stuff
    I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat. I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade. Excerpt from the Soldier's Creed

Graduate
    I tumble all my ammo primer-in, because I don't have the time to make decapping a separate step. If I were going to start tumbling rifle brass, the higher pressures would concern me enough I would buy a decapping tool and take the time. If you load a cracked case into most pistols, nothing bad will happen as long as the crack doesn't get exposed before the pressure is out of the barrel.

I've learned that having a cracked case will make a unique sound when "jingled" with other brass. If I hear that sound as I'm transferring cases from the sieve into the case feeder I stop and inspect.

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I tumble all my ammo primer-in, because I don't have the time to make decapping a separate step.
    Do you end up with water in the primer pockets?