Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Range report: TRPC 4/18

Re: Range report: TRPC 4/18

[quote author=JMW4570 link=topic=72.msg532#msg532 date=1334931672]
    Stick a 1 inch dot on your wall at home and stand back 10 feet. Clear your gun, Clear your gun again, and clear your gun one more time. Remove any and all ammunition to another room and clear your gun one more time.

Dry fire practice... Consider your stance, Put the gun in low ready, close your eyes, bring the gun up to the firing position and then open your eyes. Notice where the gun is aiming. Don't move your arms or upper body, shuffle one foot for or aft to get the sights on target. Repeat till you can bring the gun up and have it on target. Sometimes we just forget the basics and fight the gun to get it on target. Its frustrating - been there, done that. Proper stance is the first step. Once you are on target, engage the trigger and watch the front sight. Cycle the action and repeat till the front sight doesnt move.

Then make another trip to the range. If you are holding the gun up for more that 10 seconds you are probably thinking too much (I see it too often)... stop, lower the gun. Take a breath and start over. Also, watch the death grip on the gun - that can mess you up too. Justa couple observations. Jim
    [/quote]

Right on!!

If you have a laser, put that baby on your gun an watch to see if it moves and where it moves when you pull the trigger.

[quote author=talon2 link=topic=72.msg557#msg557 date=1334966749]
    Just out of curiousity where is your focal attention? On the front sight or on the target? If you are not jerking the trigger or anticipating the recoil and pushing the gun down, and your trigger finger is in the right place chances are you are looking at the target instead of the front sight. You should be so intently focused at the front sight that if there is lint on it you should see the lint.
    [/quote]

True.

Try shooting with a pair of 2.00+ glasses on. It will help to exaggerate what Talon said.

Sophomore

If you would like, I would not be opposed to have an excuse to sling some lead downrange for a good cause.....

Sophomore

[quote author=The-S link=topic=72.msg560#msg560 date=1334970159]
    If you would like, I would not be opposed to have an excuse to sling some lead downrange for a good cause.....[/quote]

I think I'll take you up on that offer. My schedule is kinda hairy this week, but maybe next?

I need all the practice I can get.
    "Alligators are very selfish lovers" -- Jonas