Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  29
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meat processing, curing and smoking for when SHTF

Meat processing, curing and smoking for when SHTF

At Ike's the other night I was telling some of you about the Panhandle Pioneer Settlement over in Blountstown. They have several classes that would be useful to prepping. Syrup making and hog killing and processing in the fall. Jam, jelly and vegetable processing in the summer. Other events through the year.

I got the facebook page today. Keep an eye on it for things that may interest you.

https://www.facebook.com/panhandle.s...nt?ref=profile

AND

http://www.panhandlepioneer.org/

"Shaping heated copper and brass"

Yeah, that sounds cool.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

curing meat takes weeks. My Br-In-Law has been doing it for decades. I don't have the patience for it and I am glad he does!
    Sometimes you meet someone, and you know from that very first moment, You want to spend the rest of your life without them

One of my grandfathers was epic at curing pork. Screw pork brains and scrambled eggs. Head cheese aka sauce meat is pretty interesting though.
    Last edited by BlueBronco; August 1st, 2014 at 12:37 AM.
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

"Governor, I haven't let another man touch my gun since 1861."

I did not know this existed. I've GOT to take my little girls there.

Been there many, many times with the blacksmith group. It's a neat place.
    None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license.
    --John Milton

Only digging in on the position of the truth – yes, I defend guns because guns are useful for killing criminals and tyrants – is going to be successful. Only the truth shall set you free.

Will have to check that out, have been there many times, but didn't know they offered that. We have a family reunion every year in the old gym that is on the property. My father and some of my aunts used that gym in High School.
    If you have been in there and seen all the pictures on the wall. They are in several of them.... Is a cool place. Also BODO of particular interest to you, every October they host Goat Days there, check it out too.
    "This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."

Captain Steve Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Bodo View Post
    Been there many, many times with the blacksmith group. It's a neat place.

LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Cattle/Horses View Post
    At Ike's the other night I was telling some of you about the Panhandle Pioneer Settlement over in Blountstown. They have several classes that would be useful to prepping. Syrup making and hog killing and processing in the fall. Jam, jelly and vegetable processing in the summer. Other events through the year.

I got the facebook page today. Keep an eye on it for things that may interest you.

https://www.facebook.com/panhandle.s...nt?ref=profile

AND

http://www.panhandlepioneer.org/
    I went to one of their blacksmithing / knifemaking classes and enjoyed it. Lots of cool old structures and cabins onsite also.
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by jonastio View Post
    I did not know this existed. I've GOT to take my little girls there.
    They have a goat day festival every so often that your girls will enjoy.
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton