Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  17
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: CBRN Masks

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    Isn't it more about the filters than the mask when talking about what's going to work for what? So, like if the civilian use 3M masks Dale posted except Mil purposed filters for the shit we're actually worried about, wouldn't that be the way to go?

I'm on the same steep part of the curve that YF is on.

Well, as it pertains to gas masks. I know lotto tickets don't work.
    But what about the disease or chemical getting into the mucous membrane of the eye ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
    But what about the disease or chemical getting into the mucous membrane of the eye ball?
    Look again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    The 3M 6000 DIN series, 7800S series, FR-7800B, and FR-M40 series all look to support threaded filters.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...+8690968&rt=r3
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Jafar had his eyes closed protecting the mucous membranes of his eye balls while masking up.
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
    I just looked that up and lol'ed. Ok, now I am no longer confused as to why you guys would have what you're talking about.

We're gonna need some Breaking Bad shit, man.

I looked at some prices for reputable gas masks, on second thought, I might just use my beard.
    I was issued the N95 masks by the CERT team for wearing during SAR building searches.

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

I found these on Amazon. They even have masks for children.

by Fox Outdoor
    Israeli Civilian Military Gas Mask w/ Nato Filter
    73 customer reviews | 5 answered questions
    List Price: $38.99
    Price: $25.70 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details
    You Save: $13.29 (34%)
    In Stock.
    Sold by Field Gear & Protection and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
    Want it Tuesday, Aug. 12? Order within 31 hrs 32 mins and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details
    4 new from $25.70
    Specifications for this item

Brand Name Fox Outdoor
    Part Number FO5796
    Number of Items 1
    Intended for Israeli Military during War in a contaminated area. Comes with NBC filter lasts up t... Read full product description

Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I found these on Amazon. They even have masks for children.

by Fox Outdoor
    Israeli Civilian Military Gas Mask w/ Nato Filter
    73 customer reviews | 5 answered questions
    List Price: $38.99
    Price: $25.70 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details
    You Save: $13.29 (34%)
    In Stock.
    Sold by Field Gear & Protection and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
    Want it Tuesday, Aug. 12? Order within 31 hrs 32 mins and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout. Details
    4 new from $25.70
    Specifications for this item

Brand Name Fox Outdoor
    Part Number FO5796
    Number of Items 1
    Intended for Israeli Military during War in a contaminated area. Comes with NBC filter lasts up t... Read full product description
    Cross reference with this;

http://www.approvedgasmasks.com/defective-masks.htm

I've tried quite a few masks and ended up buying MSA millennium masks for the wife and I. They don't fog up because of the way the fresh air circulates. They also have a drinking tube and comms. Also purchased were a case of CBRN filters.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" -Plato

I think it would be a good idea to have some of you guys that are serious about a comfortable and efficient mask try different masks before making a purchase.

I've got a medium and a large MSA millennium.

Maybe meet up so you can check them out along with jafars om10 and whatever anyone else has.

Comfort while wearing it for extended Times and the level of protection are key points.
    Don't get put off by the price because you can find them on e-bay for under $100.
    The old saying"you get what you pay for" applies more than you know.
    There are some pretty uncomfortable masks out there.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" -Plato

Yeah right, ya'll ain't putting your greasy mugs and dead coon breath up in my mask.