Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  17
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CBRN Masks

Hang in there YF. You are on the steep part of the learning curve, but at least you are smart enough to know on the curve is where you need to be.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFingergasm View Post
    Sure....didn't know the numbers but yeah those.
    You can buy them in boxes of 25 at lowes cheap. Get em now while they are still on the shelves. Fortunately we have a decent supply on hand here already.
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFingergasm View Post
    So something higher than those N32 masks for H1N1 etc?
    I just looked that up and lol'ed. Ok, now I am no longer confused as to why you guys would have what you're talking about.

We're gonna need some Breaking Bad shit, man.

I looked at some prices for reputable gas masks, on second thought, I might just use my beard.

"Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Quote Originally Posted by polebarn View Post
    Exactly, or the equivalent. I use OM10's currently, but there's been some dispute about their effectiveness.

The 3M 6000 DIN series, 7800S series, FR-7800B, and FR-M40 series all look to support threaded filters.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...+8690968&rt=r3
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Dont forget the tyvek suits and gloves....good latex gloves can protect against a lot of things, if you remember to not contaminate yourself when taking them off !
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

War is Peace-Freedom is Slavery-Ignorance is Strength
    What about the Israeli masks. They accept the 40mm universal filters which are fairly cheap.
    Ut Libera Essent Para Bellum

“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—for ever.”
    George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by CRD508 View Post
    What about the Israeli masks. They accept the 40mm universal filters which are fairly cheap.
    dishdoc sent me a site a while back that showed which masks were ineffective to substances besides OC and gas. Pretty sure they were on there as no-go's.