Signal 0
Likes Likes:  24
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Give me a good reason........

Give me a good reason........

Does anyone have a valid and very good reason I shouldn't buy this? After rebate it's $250. That includes free shipping.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/937..._1-_-AdBlock01
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

because you're not buying one for me.

It's a good kit, I like that it comes with chamfer and deburring stuff and a hand primer
    I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat. I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade. Excerpt from the Soldier's Creed

Hell of a deal if you ask me...
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

Graduate
    Kit looks good, hand primer works well, and 505 scale is good..
    Good quality that you can always use..
    price all the stuff out seperately and you'll see..real good deal..
    Last edited by mapper; May 30th, 2014 at 09:11 PM.

It is a great deal. And a good basic package.

I condone this acquisition.

. . as long as you remember that you will be buying a Dillon down the road to load pistol and poodle shooter ammo (in volume) . . .
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

The elders of reloading have spoken and all with approval. It will be mine!
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Graduate
    I will be the voice of dissent, then!

I recommend going big from the beginning. I would get one of the Dillon progressives if you are more interested in having ammo than the process of reloading it. Some folks just like the activity of reloading, but I don't. I went from a single stage kit to a Dillon 650 and never looked back other than to wish I had done it sooner!

Perhaps I'm underestimating what I got out of reloading with a single stage for 10 years, but from what I remember it was painfully slow and tedious. If you just actually like reloading, go for it.

$300 is a good start towards a Dillon. I'd wait another paycheck or two and go Blue.

CCGF Driving Instructor TargetShooting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    I will be the voice of dissent, then!

I recommend going big from the beginning. I would get one of the Dillon progressives if you are more interested in having ammo than the process of reloading it. Some folks just like the activity of reloading, but I don't. I went from a single stage kit to a Dillon 650 and never looked back other than to wish I had done it sooner!

Perhaps I'm underestimating what I got out of reloading with a single stage for 10 years, but from what I remember it was painfully slow and tedious. If you just actually like reloading, go for it.

$300 is a good start towards a Dillon. I'd wait another paycheck or two and go Blue.
    AB can you list a complete Dillon 650 package that I can use immediately to reload .45 ACP, and .308? All components I mean.
    BAILOUT TARGETSHOOTING!

Can't do precision .308 on a progressive, AB.

I know YF has that in mind. I just don't think he has considered yet that he can reload his pistol ammo for about twenty cents on the dollar with a progressive.

So come heck or high water he is going to wind up with both. He may just not realize it yet.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by TargetShooting View Post
    AB can you list a complete Dillon 650 package that I can use immediately to reload .45 ACP, and .308? All components I mean.

David, do not do that. Do not start reloading your own ammo. You WILL kill yourself (at a minimum).