Signal 0
Likes Likes:  38
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Pictorial - Basic Reloading Class, May 24, 2014

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    So who is ready to take the next step, or already has?
    Already have..I use a turret press..(lee)

9, 38 spec, 45, 223 so far,
    222, 243, 6mm, 308 planned.

308 brass already sized and trimmed, fits in rifles..
    I'll load it next...

Trying to decide if I want to sell 2 vintage presses that dad loaded on or not..
    Last edited by mapper; May 28th, 2014 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post

Trying to decide if I want to sell 2 vintage presses that dad loaded on or not..
    Not.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Airgator0470 View Post
    Powder Valley just posted some Ramshot TAC powder... I got you 8 pounds... it's a great powder for .223/5.56mm loads. I'll let you know when it arrives.
    Thanks.
    No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. - Thomas Jefferson

Graduate
    Well if not, then it is time for me to become a member on the star reloaders forum, and see if one of the members there can make me a shellplate, sizing die, and try to find dies for another caliber..

Good dedicated press in its day, but from a practical standpoint, it would be easier to swap out calibers on a dillon or hornady ap for pistol rounds..

But I hear that lee makes dies for the old phelps presses, which were copies of stars..

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    Well if not, then it is time for me to become a member on the star reloaders forum, and see if one of the members there can make me a shellplate, sizing die, and try to find dies for another caliber..

Good dedicated press in its day, but from a practical standpoint, it would be easier to swap out calibers on a dillon or hornady ap for pistol rounds..

But I hear that lee makes dies for the old phelps presses, which were copies of stars..
    I don't know what model it is, but it's literally an heirloom. I'd referb it and make a lamp out of it before I sold it. That's coming from a guy that doesn't have many heirlooms for what it's worth.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but a tireless minority keen to setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Father of Our Revolution, Samuel Adams.

I may be found dead in a ditch, but by God, they will find me and my rights in a PILE of brass.

"Sure you can trust our government. Just ask an Indian."

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Graduate
    I'll probabally get a new seating stem for one.. and use it..
    And see if I can find a shellplate and dies if I want to convert calibers..
    If not, I'll use it as is.
    Last edited by mapper; May 28th, 2014 at 10:44 PM.

In those pictures, TheJewban looks like Anthony Bourdain in camo pants.

Name:  Bourdain_Thailand.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  164.5 KB
    No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. - Thomas Jefferson

Having a single stage or two around is always useful even if you have a turret or progressive. Things like removing the crimp from military brass, or loading low volume super precise ammo seems easier on a single stage. At least for me.

I also de-prime on a single stage, keeps the sand and crap out of the progressive.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.