Likes Likes:  43
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bowling pin match for rifles

I consulted with a legitimate ballistics expert regarding this 5.56 issue.

Hey said they should be banned. For the sake of the children.

Seriously - that is what he said. Is it any wonder why I like that guy so much ?!?

Anyway, my reason for writing this is to ask "J" a serious question.

"If the bullet doesn't stabilize until ~125 yards, and it MUST BE oriented in a specific way to perform to expectation, just why the fuck are our beloved door kickers using that shit to clear rooms out in the sandbox?"

That is just plain old blatant insanity. And it is FUCKING MURDER by the decision makers every time one of those soldiers gets killed because they are being forced to use that piece of shit for that job.

Seriously.

P.S. Please pardon my language, but I am pretty damned protective of our door kickers.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Looks like somebody didn't get their bran muffin for breakfast this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    clip...
    That is just plain old blatant insanity. And it is FUCKING MURDER by the decision makers every time one of those soldiers gets killed because they are being forced to use that piece of shit for that job.

Seriously.

P.S. Please pardon my language, but I am pretty damned protective of our door kickers.
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

You are right.

But I still powerfully dislike our G.I. Joes getting screwed by some testical free beaurocrat.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

I been trying to tell ya'll...

Grenades.

Room clearing in the 'stan, bowling pins, icarry.

Whatever…..

They work.
    Sent from an Altoids Tin via Morse Code

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    Craw is right. You guys just can't keep up.

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    This exactly why I despise the damn poodle shooters.Remember I told you what happened to my friends in NAM,sorry piece of shit that they stuck us with 50+ yrs ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Graduate
    Someone donated a small pile of corroded 30-06 ammunition with those projectiles on them to JD just the other day.

As soon as I saw them I thought . . . . . 6000FPS? maybe I can do that !! JD does have a .300 win mag, and plenty of once fired brass.
    I recall that Remington used to sell "Accelerator" ammo, which was a nearly-4000 fps .30-06 round with a .22 bullet in sabot, and I read somewhere that the reason it was discontinued was that it did not come near to the "varmint accuracy" that people expected of it. In essence, there was no advantage to a high velocity .22 bullet in a round that did not perform nearly as well as their match grade 168 grain round.

You are right.

But I still powerfully dislike our G.I. Joes getting screwed by some testical free beaurocrat.
    They should be using the Patton method to clear buildings . . . a tank or C4! Its allowed under the Hague Accords.
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

"Governor, I haven't let another man touch my gun since 1861."

I consulted with a legitimate ballistics expert regarding this 5.56 issue.

Hey said they should be banned. For the sake of the children.

Seriously - that is what he said. Is it any wonder why I like that guy so much ?!?

Anyway, my reason for writing this is to ask "J" a serious question.

"If the bullet doesn't stabilize until ~125 yards, and it MUST BE oriented in a specific way to perform to expectation, just why the fuck are our beloved door kickers using that shit to clear rooms out in the sandbox?"

Seriously.

Doesn't a tumbling,key holing FMJ bullet do more hydrostatic shock than a hole straight thru the target? I thought that was part of the design of the Ak74 and the smaller bullets.
    Yo Tony, Do me a kindness. - Winnebago Man

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Tack Driver View Post
    Second.
    Said the guy who doesn't come and the guy who shows up late and doesn't shoot.

"We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we're going to rip out their living goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun cocksuckers by the bushel-fucking-basket. War is a bloody, killing business. You've got to spill their blood, or they will spill yours." - George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Damn crawdog why grenades,you are not going to show for it either.Come on out an bring a pistol.I like the idea of 22 rimfire pistols!!!!!
    I would love to do .22 pistols. I can shoot my M&P 22 pretty well because I shoot it a lot. I like to see how I can do against you guys. I enjoyed the .45 shooting also.