Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reloading 5.56

Graduate
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    The "correct" powder choice is somewhat subject to bullet weight, in my book. I know for sure I don't use the same powder for 55gr bullets I use for 77gr bullets.

. . but you know me; if I can't get 4400+ FPS out of a 16" barrel using 55gr bullets, I monkey with the powder until I do. So it probably is no surprise to you that I change powder for heavier bullets.
    One day I'll be out there to shoot some of those. Through your rifle! I would like to see the brass, feel the recoil impulse, ect. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikec2003 View Post
    Ive had good luck with varget, cfe223, h355, and imr 4895. 223 is very forgiving, it seems almost anything works
    Those are all good. Try some 3F Blackpowder for some real old school loads!

Just kidding guys... don't put BP in your AR's.
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

I saw a video of reloads with black powder in an ar, it worked, even cycled, but jammed up quickly since bp is so dirty
    I will always place the mission first. I will never accept defeat. I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade. Excerpt from the Soldier's Creed

Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    One day I'll be out there to shoot some of those. Through your rifle! I would like to see the brass, feel the recoil impulse, ect. Seriously.

Cool. Whenever you get the urge. I always keep a magazine or two of them handy. In case of a zombie poodle attack.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.