Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  29
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowling Pin Match Thursday Night?

Sophomore

Bowling Pin Match Thursday Night?

Is Talon going to have the bowling pin match again on Thursday night?

You Bet !!!!!

I even heard a rumor that a gazillion bowling pins have been sourced.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

What time?
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

Just thinking. It might be good to have a simple write-up on this to help promote it and get some more participation.

Event:
    When:
    Where:
    Match Fees:
    Equipment requirements:
    Round count (minimum), (recommended)
    Course of Fire:
    Rules/General Information:
    Weapon of Choice: Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator bolted to a crappy old T53 stock

Wait. You expect JD to be that organized? He is retired.

Just kidding. . . . sorta. Lemme see what I can nail down, I should be seeing him in the next little while. If he comes to work today.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    Hell rumbler,when you are retired you come & go as you wish.Good luck finding him! I will be there
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Sophomore
    Ooooo....Ooooo... I got it!!

Event: Bowling Pin Match (For those that don't bowl)
    When: Thursday Night March 27th, 6:00p.
    Where: Talon Range
    Match Fees: 10 bucks. Bring cash.
    Equipment requirements: Big Handgun; Big Holster; Extra Loading devices (magazines, speed loaders, or moon clips); Big Fast Ammunition
    Round count (minimum), (recommended): 100 round min.; 150 round max.?? (If you run out I'll bet you can get some at the club house or beg from your fellow bowlers!)
    Course of Fire: Stand still; Shoot Pins Off Table; Aim Carefully; Don't miss; Shoot Pins Off Table.
    Rules/General Information: Try to be on time, be ready, be safe, do what JD tells you to do to, don't whine, have fun.

Sound about right?

Coach.

Coach, Here is another version with a little more detail hopefully - correct as needed. Jim

Event: Bowling Pin Match
    When: Thursday Night March 27th, 6:00p.
    Where: Talon Range
    Match Fees: 10 bucks. Bring cash.
    Equipment requirements: Handgun (semi-auto or revolver, iron sights); Holster or bag; Extra Loading devices (magazines, speed loaders, or moon clips - 6 rounds per magazine/clip allowed); centerfire ammunition, eye and ear protection required.
    Round count (minimum), (recommended): 50 round min.; Bring 100 and you'll be covered (club house has ammo for sale)
    Course of Fire: Competitors are paired up with random draw. Starting position: Low Ready with gun loaded with 6 rounds. At the signal engage the 5 pins on the table, reload as necessary (6 rounds max per magazine, moon clip, speedloader). Winner of round completely clears table first and advances. Additional rounds/brackets until a single winner results.
    Rules/General Information: Guns unloaded holstered or bagged until directed to load at shooting line. Be safe, do what match director (JD) tells you to do to, don't whine, have fun.

CCGF Head of Ambushes
    Yep boys and girls it is fun
    (nam era) yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

Grand Pooba
    Sounds about right to me Jim.. I won't be there this week. My son has a baseball game at Tallavana Christian that starts at 4. I made a promise not to miss any more of my kids games after I retired. I plan on keeping it. Kevin and Mike will run the show, ya'll step up and help out. Have fun should be rule number 1.
    Train like your life depends on it, cause it does.