Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  54
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: ACTICVE SHOOTER TRAINING COMPLETED

Quote Originally Posted by 0utlaw View Post
    I don't feel like civilians are getting a raw deal, I think that LEO's are getting passes in SOME situations that don't appear to warrent it.
    That's a fair statement.
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Explain Roy Middleton.

I can't... I wasn't there. Were you?
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

Exactly.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgator0470 View Post
    Nope. But I can't imagine a situation where I would shoot a man in his car at his house and not at least be arrested.

If its all kosher than release all the data.

Sorry, I have trust issues with all government. Cops, and Courts are part of that. Individuals that I've dealt with from those realms have ranged from the very trustworthy to one step above scumbag.
    Last edited by Dale Gribble; March 22nd, 2014 at 08:48 AM.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Airgator, Rumber and Yankee miss the point.

If a civilian encounter had the same outcome as most of these police incidents, we would be arrested, and if we couldn't make bail we would be staying in jail.

However when this happens with cops they are put a paid administrative leave.

We are not treated the same.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgator0470 View Post
    No, but Roy Middleton was in fact in his own carport in his own car and drilled by multiple deputies. Then again, Escambia County has a track record such as crawling through open windows at 10 pm and shooting dogs in bedrooms. I think the point being made is more transparency and less hiding behind unions. Perhaps the public would then have more faith in IAD such as the current situation with TPD and warrantless searches. Of course this is thread drift from the active shooter discussion.
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

"Governor, I haven't let another man touch my gun since 1861."

BBI know you don't like it but the fact of the mater is that approximately 70% of the people who physically fit Roy Middelton's description have either done prison time, will do prison time, or currently are doing prison time.

That is according to the statistics of the DOJ, FBI, and BOP (bureau of prisons).

That means a reasonable person would be highly 'on alert' when encountering such a person in what a reasonable person could conceive is the commission of a felony. Further, a reasonable person, upon realizing the Roy Middleton was not responding to lawful orders, might even conclude that IN FACT they were encountering a felon committing another felony crime.

Ever heard of "three strikes"? If a reasonable person was charged with apprehending criminals they could very reasonably wonder . . . . will this be strike two or three?

I'd have been ready to shoot the SOB full of holes if he didn't get completely compliant completely quickly.

Your opinion is based on HIND SIGHT. Now I can't help your thinking that condemning the people who would die if necessary to protect your ass are slime balls because they do not have the gift of pre-hind sight is appropriate. But I can sure get upset about you being part of the problem that causes shit like that to happen in the first place. Isn't your job teaching little "Roy Middeltons"?
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    BBI know you don't like it but the fact of the mater is that approximately 70% of the people who physically fit Roy Middelton's description have either done prison time, will do prison time, or currently are doing prison time.

That is according to the statistics of the DOJ, FBI, and BOP (bureau of prisons).

That means a reasonable person would be highly 'on alert' when encountering such a person in what a reasonable person could conceive is the commission of a felony. Further, a reasonable person, upon realizing the Roy Middleton was not responding to lawful orders, might even conclude that IN FACT they were encountering a felon committing another felony crime.

Ever heard of "three strikes"? If a reasonable person was charged with apprehending criminals they could very reasonably wonder . . . . will this be strike two or three?

I'd have been ready to shoot the SOB full of holes if he didn't get completely compliant completely quickly.

Your opinion is based on HIND SIGHT. Now I can't help your thinking that condemning the people who would die if necessary to protect your ass are slime balls because they do not have the gift of pre-hind sight is appropriate. But I can sure get upset about you being part of the problem that causes shit like that to happen in the first place. Isn't your job teaching little "Roy Middeltons"?
    You dodged the second part of the example in Escambia county where the white couple was dragged out of bed into the hall and their dogs shot in the bedroom. For the record I don't teach "little Roy Middletons." I am mostly a researcher for the A & M part and prat of my unit is made up of USDA. The courses I teach are graduate level courses. Furthermore, I have sent several graduate students and seniors for ccw licenses etc and I wouldn't do that for people I wouldn't turn my back on. I have news for you Mike, there are white people in all walks of life I wont turn my back on. Frankly I don't give a damn if you get upset about my job. It has nothing to do with the fact that I am pro-LEO. I also believe that if the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th Amendments can be violated for any race, religion or political party, it will be done for everyone.
    "If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies then every method of protecting ourselves is morally right" -- Cicero

BB how many arrests are made every day? How many dopers and gangbangers taken down every day?

Do you not think that some sense of scale is in order?

You know, like when one can say with certainty that approximately 70% of one demographic group is known to a specific behavior pattern expecting that pattern in general on some level is just plain common sense.

Think about this. There is this room you have to go into every day. It is full of people. These people are black, white, yellow, red, brown, pink, and some in between. But they only wear red, blue, or white shirts. First trip into the room two people in blue shirts step on your foot. It hurts but you write it off as being crowded.

The next time you go in the room one different person in a blue shirts step on your foot. You write it off because it is a redhead with big boobs. But it still hurts.

Next day, more people in blue shirts stomp on your aching foot.

How many days do you need to have your foot stomped before you get very 'antsy' around anyone wearing a blue shirt? Doesn't matter if they are black, white, yellow, red, brown, pink, young, or old.

By the way. If you are pro-LEO, I am Mary Poppins.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    . . .

By the way. If you are pro-LEO, I am Mary Poppins.
    How do you like flying the umbrella around? Anything I have posted has been about a situation and not about being anti-LEO. I am anti-criminal. I sure as hell don't train criminals like you implied in the last couple of sentences of your last post.