Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  25
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 - Gun Subclass.

3 - Gun Subclass.

I wonder if anyone would be interested in running a subclass of 3 - gun.

The idea is to use the home defense/self defense stuff you already train with. Lots of folks CCW guns that only hold 10 rounds. Most folks have a home defense shotgun that holds less than 9 round and is pump action.

So the rules would be simple.

No more than 10 rounds in mags. For those of us with big mags it gives us more chances to swap mags and practice that skill.

No more than 5 rounds in the shot gun mag tube to start, pump action only.

Rifle limited to 1x scope/ magnified red dot/irons.

I'm not asking Talon to do anything, if you want to participate you self declare, and I will compile the results from Talons official results.

Talon is going to try and hold a 3 gun every quarter, so we have 3 left in 2014.

Who's in?
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

With exception to the shotgun capacity you are pretty close to the Heavy Metal division.

Many of us don't have 7.62x51 guns setup for home defense, nor the cubic dollars to throw that expensive lead and brass away.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Many of us don't have 7.62x51 guns setup for home defense, nor the cubic dollars to throw that expensive lead and brass away.
    1) Whythehell not? You planning to only be accosted in your AO by poodles?
    2) Who says you can't pick up your brass at Talon. Point me at them.
    3) My 7.62x51 costs about 50-60 cents a round. For top quality stuff - better than any that can be bought off a shelf. You my friend, are spending money you don't need to. So much for being a cheapskate.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

You can't pick up your brass at 3 gun.

My 223 costs less than half your 308.

You can't pick up your brass at 3 gun.
    I think maybe that you mean; if you want to you have to wait until the match is over or there is some delay in the stage. At least as far as Talon goes. The right to pick up your own brass is something that every member, guest and visitor of a guest at Talon not only sees enunciated by Charlie Strickland but is actually tested in writing to make sure they understand they have that right.

If someone told you differently, I need to follow up with them and make sure they are clear on what the rules actually are.

OH! And if you would like to see the actual videos and the test I refer to scroll down on this page until you find the appropriate links.

http://www.talontraininggroup.com/Talon-Range

My 223 costs less than half your 308.
    Yeah. And like most things; you get what you pay for.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    I think maybe that you mean; if you want to you have to wait until the match is over or there is some delay in the stage. At least as far as Talon goes. The right to pick up your own brass is something that every member, guest and visitor of a guest at Talon not only sees enunciated by Charlie Strickland but is actually tested in writing to make sure they understand they have that right.
    Since I am a member I know the rules. However I can only pickup MY brass. I'm not exactly sure if I did go back after the event was over how I could even tell which brass was mine, or for that matter how much I shot in 9 and 5.56 on any stage.

And I know, 5.56 is a useless round. Can't even kill people with it. I only use it because I can't afford a decent tazer.

We have awesome tazers in the pro shop. They are about 10X as nasty as what the poor 'ol LEOs are stuck with (no pun intended).

Here is how the rangemaster at Talon deals with the brass thing; if you honestly believe you shot 200 rounds of 5.56 pickup 500 rounds of 5.56 brass. If you honestly believe you shot 300 rounds of 9mm pick up 300 rounds of 9mm brass. If you need help, say so, if it is humanly possible to do it we will. Gladly.

If you shot 10,000 rounds of steel case and you pick up ONE brass case, we gonna have a problem.

Back on to the original question. I would probably be interested in this kind of 3-gun match. Sounds kinda fun.
    ------ For the ordinary person, everything is either a blessing or a curse. For the warrior, there are only challenges.--------

------Boat ramps and gun ranges can be some of the best places to see the depth of human stupidity------

------ "It doesn't matter.......it is AK......" AKOUL4774------

Graduate
    I would change it to 4 rounds in the shotgun mag. That's what a stock 870 holds.