Talon Training Group
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3-Gun at Talon Range

Definitely make sure you know where your shotgun prints with slugs out to about 75 yards, but I'm not going to have any slug targets for our first match. After the first match, slugs will be fair game, but I wanted to keep the first match simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    I've never shot slugs out of my mossy 500. Should be different.

Cool. Anyone have buying suggestions for slugs?
    When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

I just use whatever I can find at WalMart. The typical slug target is big enough that accuracy isn't a huge concern.

Quote Originally Posted by razzman1 View Post
    Definitely make sure you know where your shotgun prints with slugs out to about 75 yards, but I'm not going to have any slug targets for our first match. After the first match, slugs will be fair game, but I wanted to keep the first match simple.
    Does that mean dove/target loads would be acceptable for this first one?
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFingergasm View Post
    Does that mean dove/target loads would be acceptable for this first one?

ya big little sissy.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

LOL. Mike has to use buckshot for the whole match...

Everyone else: Birdshot is what you will be using. The shot only needs to be powerful enough to take a 6" plate off of a stand. You don't need anything more than the bulk pack Winchester or Federal in # 7 1/2 or 8.

Greetings!

At 2 PM this Sunday (the 29th) I will be giving a 3-gun clinic for those interested in competing in our upcoming 3-gun matches at Talon (or anywhere else that holds 3-gun). This class will be free of charge. It will be strictly classroom discussion of rules and procedures--the things you need to know to get you safely through a match without getting DQed. We'll talk about about safety rules, division requirements, how to safely ditch firearms, and equipment discussion. It should only last an hour or so.

If you have firearms that you want me to look at for 3-gun feasibility, feel free to bring them, but please leave them in your vehicle until I ask for them. Meet in the classroom at Talon.

See you at the range!

John Rasmussen

Ok, for this and the regular USPSA matches is the Glock sports/combat holster sufficient?

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always.

Sure, that will work just fine.

Coolio. Thanks.