Tallahassee Indoor Shooting Range
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .300 (AAC) Blackout - A sleeper!

I dont get it, why depressed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumbler View Post
    The result . . think of a dandelion in the breeze. "POOF!" and it is just not there anymore. Nothing but little tufts of fur floating on the breeze.

By the way . . . . I am officially depressed.

I have some 168 and 175 grain match bullets in .30, and some H110. So I made the first batch of supersonic ammo for my gun. Damnit. I hit on a good load with both bullets right away - first try. Velocity was right where I expected it to be, no bulging cases, flattened primers, gun cycled flawlessly, even locked the bolt back when the magazine got empty. Impacts threw berm dirt up in the air three feet.

I was soooo bummed out.

So this morning I went and got some 230 grain .30 cal Bergers, some A1680, and some magnum small rifle primers.

Because I didn't get to experiment !!

I LIKE experimenting.

On the plus side . . . .

I did load up some 230gr bullets this morning early. They are AWESOME. My Gawd if they had had those in Somalia the skinnies would have been getting simultaneous entry and exit wounds. Them suckers must be about an inch and a half long! They would have had boat tail sticking out the front and hollow point sticking out the back at the same time!

Those I am going to get to experiment with. They are subsonic for sure, JD didn't even need ears to shoot them out of his unsuppressed 300 AR. And they hit like a ton of bricks!! They even eject just fine. But the bolt doesn't *quite* go back far enough every time to strip a new round out of the magazine. Three out of five, yeah, but no joy with two out of the five. The bolt closes and locks, but not with a cartridge in the chamber.

I can dang sure fix that !!!! Mo'pawder! Mo Pawder!
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.