Signal 0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ANOTHER TRAINING AID *** PICS **

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFingergasm View Post
    I still think the command fire using that would be fun. Maybe even a change up on the relay. Prone at 200 yards, run back to 300 yards for a prone shot, then roof top for more shot.

have I mentioned lately how much I hate you?

. . . just want to make sure you don't forget!

I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Start at the 300 yard mark with 300 yard DOPE dialed in... fire 1 round off the roof then go down into the box and fire 1 round... run to the 200 yard standing barricade and fire 1 round FROM EACH position SUPPORT SIDE STANDING, STRONG SIDE STANDING, WINDOW STANDING... run to the 100 and fire the REDUCING CIRCLE DRILL... then run all the way back to the 200 REPEAT that stage... run back to the 300 and REPEAT that stage... total of 15 rounds.

One of the training goals would be to shoot the entire course of fire using DIALED IN 300 YARD DOPE.
    Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

Quote Originally Posted by Airgator0470 View Post
    Start at the 300 yard mark with 300 yard DOPE dialed in... fire 1 round off the roof then go down into the box and fire 1 round... run to the 200 yard standing barricade and fire 1 round FROM EACH position SUPPORT SIDE STANDING, STRONG SIDE STANDING, WINDOW STANDING... run to the 100 and fire the REDUCING CIRCLE DRILL... then run all the way back to the 200 REPEAT that stage... run back to the 300 and REPEAT that stage... total of 15 rounds.

One of the training goals would be to shoot the entire course of fire using DIALED IN 300 YARD DOPE.

In 45 seconds or less....

Thats an awesome looking piece of kit. I'd like to try banging steel on it from 300 yds.
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #2: Support your men.

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Quote Originally Posted by NJC View Post
    Thats an awesome looking piece of kit. I'd like to try banging steel on it from 300 yds.
    We incorporated the "roof" into the shooting drills this past weekend and it proved to provide a challenge even to the most experienced rifleman.

We also did the simultaneous multi-gun count down firing drill with one on top and one in the box... worked out great.

Bob,
    Burney and Chuck gave you a solid review and those two men can shoot.
    When is the next course ?
    "Rule #1: Be a f-ing Warrior, every f-ing day, in every f-ing thing you do. Be a f-ing Warrior!

Rule #3: TEAMWORK! Team dynamics are absolutely important. Know your men and support them in every way."

Quote Originally Posted by NJC View Post
    Bob,
    Burney and Chuck gave you a solid review and those two men can shoot.
    When is the next course ?
    I'm very pleased to here this... I will openly admit I was concerned that with those two guys coming, whether or not I was going to deliver instruction worthy of good review. Actually... I viewed both of them coming as a chance to validate myself as a worthy instructor. Ask anyone who has been to one of my classes... I don't lack confidence, I just know there can be some tough critics out there...

While I only knew of Burney from an FDCC shoot some 10 or 11 years ago, I knew he was an accomplished marksmen and firearms enthusiast and assumed the same of Chuck. I knew they would be bringing experience and knowledge and a previous basis to judge my performance as an instructor.

I've got some tweaking to do to lesson plans based on feedback and improvements to the range thus I will gear back up with a training schedule after the new year as I've been running pretty steady since April/May timeframe. I try real hard to incorporate feedback into corrective/improvement actions.

I'd love to have the opportunity to train with you so keep an eye out for future class announcements.

sounds good, my admin wont pay for training, so your pricing is right up my alley and would be even better on my off weekend :-) and from what I have been told it is well worth it.

While I consider myself about an average shot with a scope gun, I have never had any formal training on that weapons platform, always been pistol and carbine.

I will look forward to shooting from the roof maybe early in the new year.

NJC