Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANOTHER TRAINING AID *** PICS **

ANOTHER TRAINING AID *** PICS **

Well... been busy today. I originally wanted to build a simulated roof top to run drills on but after considering various factors, I decided to skip the roofing shingles and just build an inclined shooting platform. I put a few runs on the top to make getting up on top manageable but not too easy.

While build it, the idea came to me to incorporate a shooting box down below... worked out great... will really be a challenge at extended ranges. These training aids should really come in handy at classes.

Here are the results from my weekend of carpentry...

Signal-0 Productions Firearms Training... for the working man.

You need to paint that shit!
    You gonna bark all day little doggy or you gonna bite?

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFingergasm View Post
    You need to paint that shit!
    What color(s) would you recommend my good man? ... and would YOU be willing to do it? Actually, I think I'm going to rub it down with diesel fuel... don't laugh... diesel works great as a protective coating... either that or spend some more $ and get some Thompson's...

Yeah I'll paint it...I saw grafitti it...maybe put a window a/c for the shooting box

I could get in that shooting box down below. But you will need a can opener and a sky hook to get me out.

Bob, you are an evil, evil man.
    I'd rather be lucky than good, but I'd rather KNOW I'm good than HOPE to get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcwelder View Post
    My thought is to cut a mail slots under the window. 1 inch high by 6 wide. To shoot out of it, you have to lay rifle on side and adjust. everything is wrong and takes some practice. Also a slot on an angle 45 degrees. Then you have to deal with Cant (tilt so to speak.) Will show your attendees why it is good to have the rifle sights level. On a tank, you aim 1 mil high and in opposite direction of the cant. Of course this only applies to the telescope sight. The computer controlled sight takes care of this.
    I have two V-Tac type barricades and three smaller "Shape-Port" barricades for that kind of work.

Those have holes in them because NO MATTER HOW MUCH I YELL... people still shoot the wood. It's great training because they get to experience auditory exclusion due to trying to concentrate on the sights, the clock, and everything else... EXCEPT where the damn gun barrel is in relation to the sight...

Tanks you say... I spent 5 years on M60A1's and M60A3's... I'm quite familiar with tanks (60 series that is). My younger brother is currently a CSM stationed in VA... he was also on tanks and was a Master Gunner... he was on the Abrams though...

Quote Originally Posted by jlfar0311 View Post
    I've been trying to find some pics from the A-Line and BWT ranges. They have ones just like this and a bunch more that make it awkward as shit to shoot. They're great training though. Instead of diesel fuel, you should cover it with pig guts just to make to as awkward as possible.
    I was thinking of laying down some gobs of contact cement on the platform and then just sprinkling broken glass on top... or... how about some nails driven upward from underneath... that ought to make for some good shit...

Quote Originally Posted by Arcwelder View Post
    Get a couple of cut off end pieces from the culvert place on capitol circle NW. 2 or 3 foot diameter, 6 feet or longer.
    You must be a mind reader.....

Well... the shooting box portion of the inclined barricade got used this weekend as did the tall barricade.

I really need to come up with some challenging drills for the roof but while keeping safety in mind... last thing a class needs is a broken leg.

After seeing some students have a hard time getting in and out of the truck, I got second thoughts about using the roof. Maybe I'll incorporate that into the Super-Duper Advanced Sniper Precision II Rifle Course... lol

I still think the command fire using that would be fun. Maybe even a change up on the relay. Prone at 200 yards, run back to 300 yards for a prone shot, then roof top for more shot.